Abacus Insights is a mission-driven, growth-stage technology company focused on transforming the healthcare payor industry, ultimately creating a more personalized patient experience, improving health outcomes, and lowering the overall cost of healthcare. Abacus Insights provides a flexible, efficient, and secure platform that organizes and exchanges healthcare data from various sources and formats, allowing our customers to uncover differentiated insights that address their clients' needs. Our employees know that they play an active role in keeping our customers' data safe and are responsible for ensuring that our comprehensive policies and practices are met.
With our deep expertise in cloud-enabled technologies and extensive knowledge of the healthcare industry, we have built an innovative data integration and management platform that allows healthcare payors access to data that has been historically siloed and inaccessible. Through our platform, these health plans can ingest and manage all the information they need to transform their business by supporting analytical, operational, and financial needs.
Since our founding in 2017, Abacus has built a highly successful SaaS business, raising more than $53 Million from industry-leading VC firms. We are solving problems of massive scale and complexity in an industry that is ready for disruption. We are experiencing explosive growth and would love for you to join us.
About the Team/Role:
The Abacus Insights Sales Enablement team within the growth office is a solution-engineering-focused group that helps provide potential clients with high-level solution architecture for a modern cloud-enabled data management platform powered by Abacus. Our Sales Enablement group is searching for a Business Analyst that will play a critical and impactful role in the pre-sales process. A key component of the pre-sales process is conducting a discovery/consulting engagement to help capture the current state of data management & analytics, pain points and design a target state data management platform/ecosystem. Discovery/consulting engagements help Abacus gather a deep understanding of the data landscape, gain credibility, and most importantly help position the Abacus Insights data management platform as the target state solution for potential customers.
This Business Analyst will also need to have Project Management skills as they will be collaborating with other teammates (Program Lead, Data Architect/Modeler, Data Analysts) to interview key business and technical stakeholders on the client/prospect side. The focus of those interviews will be to categorize the current baseline state and providing a blueprint for the target state data management platform. As an early member of our Sales Enablement team, the ideal candidate will be comfortable and willing to leverage a mix of both business analysis and project management skills (we anticipate 80% of the role will be BA related work and 20% PM) in addition to their knowledge of healthcare business/domain knowledge, and modern data technologies.
- Attend discovery sessions to capture current state and target state data management and pain points.
- Document all meeting notes, technical discussions.
- Create process maps and high-level solution architecture diagrams.
- Act as a key liaison and communicate prospects pain points and their desired needs to the internal Abacus teams of Data Analysts and Data Modeler/Architect.
- Prepare documentation and illustrations for target state solutions.
- Play a key role in preparing presentation slides for milestone and final readouts.
- Create and execute detailed task-level project plans for discovery engagements.
- Run daily internal progress/status calls; flag any risks to schedule and quality of deliverable; contribute to weekly status report for prospects.
- Maintain all project management artifacts, ensure document version control, assist Program Lead with the overall governance of the engagement.
What we're looking for:
- Solid knowledge of the U.S. healthcare system and data types eligibility, medical claims, Rx claims, clinical, etc.
- Prior experience working at a payer/PBM organization or health IT/services firm serving the payer market.
- Experience gathering both business and technical requirements and establishing documentation.
- Prior hands-on experience business process mapping on Visio/Lucid chart.
- Ability to understand and review technical documents and artifacts.
- Prior experience working in cloud-based environments (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Ability to interpret and review data transformation logic/specifications.
- Client-facing skills and ability to lead/run meetings and presentations.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Proficient in MS Suite Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- AWS Certification - Fundamentals
- Project Management PMP Certification
- Scrum Master Certification
Equal Opportunity Employer
As a mission-led technology company helping drive better healthcare outcomes, Abacus Insights believes that the best innovation and value we can bring to our customers comes from diverse ideas, thoughts, experiences, and perspectives. We are dedicated to building diverse teams and providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants. Abacus prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type regarding race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.