Founded in 2018, digital consumer goods company Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA businesses, boasting a massive innovation platform that brings high quality products to market across digital marketplaces and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 5,000 Amazon companies, acquiring nearly 100 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of nearly 14,000 category-leading products, Thrasios brands outperform almost every other seller on Amazon. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to nearly 600 people globally--78% of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason were projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when were surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? Wed love to chat.
This is a great opportunity for a self-starter to take ownership of a portfolio of products with a focus on non US markets. The Brand Manager will ensure day to day success of the financial health of the business, marketing tactics, risk mitigation and compliance, content and creative on listings, inventory and developing strategies for growth. Your success will be based on your intimate knowledge of the Brands you manage, ability to diagnose issues and develop action plans.
Key responsibilities include:
- Analyze Amazon ASIN level data (sales, conversation rate, page views, costs, etc.) to determine why certain products are trending up or down, clearly articulate observations and propose strategies to troubleshoot problems.
- Day-to-day maintenance of keeping product listings successful on Amazon. This includes: best seller tags, monitoring metrics shifts, understanding market trends, changing customer profiles, demographics, daily reporting, competitive landscape, pricing changes, liaising with offshore customer service teams, and inventory monitoring.
- Develop strategies to increase sales, reduce costs and drive conversion rate of acquired products including: price optimization, PPC, packaging/inserts, coupons and deals, customer communications, creative, changing package dimensions, subscribe and save, removing unprofitable products and more.
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly reporting for all products, coordinating with our finance team to ensure we are showing an accurate P&L.
- Proactively catch issues before they are problems and understand everything about the ecosystem in which your products are selling (e.g., competitor landscape, industry landscape, Amazon marketplace rule changes).
- Research programs and tools on Amazon and other ecosystems to increase sales and ensure were protecting our brand (e.g., Amazon Transparency)
- Lead the transition effort when we acquire a business. This includes doing a deep dive of all information provided during diligence, migrating the prior sellers accounts (social media, email software, customer service management, etc.), developing a relationship with the seller to ask questions and doing an audit (and potentially an overhaul) of their entire listing and end-to-end customer process.
- Interface with our legal team in the event of intellectual property or other legal issues, such as product suspension or identifying an illegal seller of our product.
- Coordinate with our Customer Obsession Manager and overseas customer service team to ensure we are providing a world class customer experience for your product portfolio.
- Partner with internal teams to develop a go-to-market strategy and facilitate successful, impactful product launches and international expansion.
- Coordinate with our supply chain team to ensure products are always in stock, premium quality, have updated packaging, and have all appropriate required certifications.
What you bring to the party:
- 3+ years of experience in product management, marketing, or an analytical function, preferably at a startup or other fast-paced environment.
- 3+ years of e-commerce experience, preferably working within the Amazon ecosystem.
- Fluency in both English and one the following languages: German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese is preferred.
- Ability to dig through data, draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, a high level of organization, and impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to handle aggressive deadlines and prioritize work in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment with fire drills coming up on a near-daily basis.
- A highly analytical self-starter who can manage multiple projects and figure out complex problems without a lot of oversight.
- Demonstrated ability to create engaging content, come up with creative ideas, and think outside the box.
- Positive attitude, reliable, transparent and enjoy working with different types of people.
- Strong proficiency in excel.
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Marketing, Data Science or a related field.
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.