Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, fasterand most importantlymore accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now were funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- Weve funded over $35 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortunes Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- Weve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe its important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passionfrom employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
We're looking for an ACD of Motion Design with experience in building out motion guidelines within a brand, working closely with motion designers across brand and marketing, and maintaining guidelines set. Someone to help manage, run, and direct a small team of motion designers. You will partner with leaders and individual contributors from Creative, Marketing, and Brand to help shape the creative vision and ensure it's executed with thought and high level craft, shaping the future of design at Better.
In particular you will:
- Work with designers and creative leads to expand upon the brand system through motion, as a tool of communication as well as aesthetic
- Create proofs of concept that enhance digital experiences and help tell stories, and build out motion brand guidelines
- Work with designers, art directors, and copywriters to guide stories through motion
- Keep up with design and motion trends to keep Better at the forefront of design
- Partner with ACD of Illustration regarding motion in animation
- Be solution-oriented in the face of challenges
- Have a self-starting, entrepreneurial spirit
- Articulate and defend conceptual and directional choices
- 7+ years of experience in Motion Design
- Portfolio of shipped work that shows motion as part of UI and UX and brand experience
- You are an expert in After Effects and Cinema 4D.
- Have a passion for telling stories through motion, including storyboarding and motion graphics/animation
- Comfortable working alone and in collaborative cross-discipline teams
- Have an eye for detailed design and can understand a variety of aesthetics
- Direct and to the point, yet diplomatic and fair
- Good sense of humor and plays nice with others
- Strong analytical ability, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Strong point of view with the written and verbal communication skills to back it up
- Appetite for problem solving
- Experience managing and leading various creative efforts in parallel
- Ability to lead and influence without being the direct manager of all team members
- A strong understanding of how creativity can achieve business objectives while still meeting brand standards for aesthetic and communication quality
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do whats in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itselfwe continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Weve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Better.com is committed to paying NYC HQ salary bands, for all employees, regardless of where they are located and does not adjust salaries based on cost of living location. Our total rewards package consists of base salary, yearly cash bonus, equity and benefits. Additional employment-related benefits include:
- A $500 stipend to set up the WFH office of your dreams
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefitsincluding medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust holistic wellbeing offerings where you can experience unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after only 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a persons merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.