Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, fasterand most importantlymore accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now were funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- Weve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortunes Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- Weve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each persons perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe its important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passionfrom employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
We're looking for an ACD, Copywriting with experience across brand and marketing. In this role, youll help oversee our longform content across our owned channels and blog. Youll also manage a team of copywriters from initial project planning to final build.
Our ideal candidate will be an excellent writer, with a portfolio of great work and the ability to lead other writers on a team.
Youll sit in our Design team and work closely with our partners in Marketing, shaping our companys creative vision and building our brand across multiple channels. Youll also:
- Drive and own day-to-day creative direction and oversight for a team of copywriters, with support from a Creative Director
- Ensure content is delivered on brand and on time, with a lens of brand and marketing
- Oversee the concepting, presentation, and selling through of creative presentations, which tie together multiple channels
- Act as a partner to stakeholders and ensure marketing goals are achieved
- Be willing to roll up your sleeves and see through the execution of creative ideas from concept through tactical production tasks, ensuring the highest level of quality and adherence to brand voice
- Have a self-starting, entrepreneurial spirit
- Explain and defend conceptual and directional choices
- 5+ years of experience a startup, ad agency, or media company
- 2+ years of experience managing other people
- Direct and to the point, yet diplomatic and fair
- Ability to give and take feedback with a good attitude
- Strong point of view with the written and verbal communication skills to back it up
- Appetite for problem solving and a love for fast-paced environments
- Ability to create and direct high quality campaigns
- Experience managing and/or leading various creative campaigns in parallel
- Ability to lead and influence without being the direct manager of all team members
- A strong understanding of how creativity can achieve business objectives while still meeting brand standards for communication quality
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do whats in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itselfwe continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Weve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a persons merit, business needs, and role requirements.