Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. Were taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that well deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
We are looking for an Associate Chief of Staff for Employee Cloud to support our Director of Strategic Initiatives and the Employee Cloud Business Unit. The ideal candidate is just as strong at analytics as s/he is at influencing senior leaders. This role will be responsible for helping run the operating system for Employee Cloud as well as driving strategic initiatives. In this highly visible role, it is equally important that this person be a strong individual contributor as much as a team player. S/he must be able to work collaboratively with cross functional departments to guide project execution, reduce obstacles to completion, and ensure initiatives meet committed timelines.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Help manage the business units operating system [including its management cadence, decision making frameworks, goal setting process, operating calendar, and communications]
- Help plan, coordinate, and manage content for leadership and team meetings
- Support the development and tracking of quarterly and annual OKRs
- Manage the flow of information across the business unit
- Identify ways to improve the team's operational workflow and drive process improvements
- Attend meetings and participate in projects with, or on behalf of the Director of Strategic Initiatives
- Provide ad-hoc support on projects small to large; this could include research, financial modeling, internal initiatives, new expansion explorations, presentations and more.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Process focused and detail oriented
- Strong project management skills
- Strong communications skills, as well as, change management and stakeholder management skills
- Strongly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Strong desire to focus on analytical insights and answers to tough problems
- Experience with Salesforce.com and ability to drive operational improvements preferred
- Growth mindset: you seek out learning opportunities for yourself
- Ability to work both independently with minimal guidance and cross functionally with various teams
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- 3+ years of experience of consulting / investment banking / business intelligence / strategy / high-growth operations or startup experience
- Industry experience in payroll or labor management is a bonus
*Bread puns encouraged but not required