Motus is looking for an Assistant Controller, to play a pivotal role in scaling our organization during a rapid growth stage and in preparation for future M&A. In this role you will be reporting to the Corporate Controller, managing a team, leading the month end closing process, managing the annual audit, and serving as a valued and trusted partner to the FP&A team.
To be successful in this role you must have prior experience leading a team and driving financial statement reporting efforts for a Private Equity/Venture Capital-owned software company.
- Lead and mentor a team to ensure a timely, accurate, and complete month end closing process under strict private equity reporting deadlines
- Direct preparation of consolidated monthly financial reporting and analysis, including identifying and reconciling key variances
- Develop and implement best practices, procedures, and processes to drive best in class reporting and analysis to support the senior leadership team
- Owning the maintenance and development of the general ledger
- Research accounting issues for compliance with GAAP as the need arises
- Lead annual audit process
- Partner with the FP&A team to ensure a smooth handoff of month end historical results in advance of the board reporting process
- Management of Motus annual insurance renewal process
- Assist in ad-hoc projects as necessary
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. MBA preferred
- 6+ years of accounting experience, including experience in a technology company with multi-entity consolidation reporting.
- Management experience of 3+ years
- CPA Certification required; public accounting experience preferred
- Software as a Service business model experience
- Experience driving improvements in accounting policies and procedures
- Strong knowledge of key accounting principles (ASC 340, 350, 606, 840, 805)
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with enterprise level accounting software (preferably Financialforce or NetSuite) and CRM (preferably Salesforce)
- Strong track record of building and managing successful teams
- Ability to build partnerships with all levels of management and across business units
- Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities, work cross-functionally and meet tight filing deadlines
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently in a remote work environment, US Based remote opportunity
For companies with mobile workers that drive for business, we are the most accurate mileage reimbursement and tracking solution available. The way we see it mileage tracking and reimbursement dont need to be complicated. With an automated technology solution, companies gain visibility into their mobile workforce and accuracy in reimbursing every employee based on how much they drive and where they drive. The result? More time for employees to be productive in the field and sustainable cost savings for the business. You wouldnt reimburse someone for a client dinner without a receipt, so why should mileage be any different?
Compensation & Benefits:
Motus offers a competitive compensation package. Our company-wide comprehensive suite of benefits includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k), unlimited vacation, time-off for volunteering, and more.
Motus, LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.