This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing Federal Sales Team focused on the Defense oriented Aerospace manufacturing vertical. This team is focused on entering new markets and transforming the manufacturing process for these customers.
As an Aerospace & Defense Territory Sales Manager you will be responsible for introducing the Markforged Platform across the Aerospace Vertical (in major accounts such as Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Northrop Grumman, General Dynamics, etc.). You will build and execute a business plan focused on a new and disruptive technology, which is able to address traditional Additive Manufacturing use cases, but also support production of end-use parts. The plan will include leveraging the Markforged channel partner ecosystem and the breadth of Markforgeds engineering and product management resources. This role is strategic and will call on your strong business acumen as you become a consultant to customer and partner executives. If you are an entrepreneurial sales manager with hunter skills who is excited about getting in with a young, growing company, we want to hear from you!
What will you own?
- Achieve assigned territory bookings goals and other critical KPIs
- Vertical SME for the Aerospace and Defense vertical
- Build and grow strong customer relationships
- Navigate these large organizations and connect the Markforged value prop into the manufacturing process in major programs
- Manage Customer Sales Engagements with partners
- Manage multiple customer opportunities at once while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Build accurate forecasting and an operational cadence with management
- Drive referenceable customer satisfaction in your territory
- Partner and Customer Advocate
- Drive account strategies & coordinate selling efforts with channel partners to execute a sales process & win programs.
- Identify, recruit and develop value-added partners in assigned territory
- Develop, Manage, Coach and Build Strong Partners
- Long Term and Annual Partnership Plans and QBRs
- Build and cultivate strong relationships with channel business partners and maintain high level of satisfaction
- Work closely with marketing and channel to engage in lead generation activities
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point were getting at, it doesnt hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- BS Degree in Business, Technology or equivalent
- 10+ years technology solution sales experience
- 5+ years selling into Aerospace & Defense vertical
- Demonstrated track record of success in opening new markets with disruptive technology
- Must have strong technical and business vision with excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent internal and external networking skills
- Ability to thrive in a team atmosphere, appreciate aggressive goals, have excellent organizational/time management skills and a can-do attitude
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time, primarily within the USA