Account Executive - DACH
At Skillsoft, we are all about making work matter. We believe every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. We are bold, sharp, driven and most of all, real. Join us in our quest to democratize learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
Skillsoft is seeking an experienced professional outside sales executive with a history of over performance in quota attainment to join our Field Sales team. As a German speaking Customer Sales Director at Skillsoft, you will sell complex enterprise solutions supported by the best sales talent, training and tools in the e-learning industry.
- Win new business for the leading global provider of e-learning content and technology products within assigned territory
- Work independently and with business development resources to develop and execute prospecting strategies to identify, qualify and close new business
- Perform as self-starter who can effectively work within a strong team culture while being independent in managing his/her business
- Set face to face meetings with business leaders and decision makers including C level executives within our target marketplace
- Deliver compelling customer presentations that expertly articulate the Skillsoft Value Proposition
- Develop, maintain and grow an ongoing sales pipeline
- Maintain current and accurate information on account status and sales activity in SalesForce.com
- Manage the sales process from initial contact through close
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Skillsoft consultative and solution selling process.
- Apply solution and Challenger-based sales skills to manage account cycles
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of 5 years successful sales experience in a complex and collaborative sales environment; direct experience in the learning or human capital, human capital technology space is preferred.
- Fluent in German and English
- Sales experience must demonstrate ability to exceed sales targets. A keen understanding of the steps involved in a sales cycle and ability to leverage each stage to advance the sale is required
- Experience of selling into the DACH market
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply proven sales methodologies such as the CEB Challenger Sales approach
- Be able to call high in an organization and interact with senior level corporate management
- Must be comfortable demonstrating software and speaking to technical and non-technical executives alike
- Operate with a sense of urgency, be aggressive, competitive, and demonstrate a positive, winning attitude
- Superior time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Negotiate effectively based on value and time to close
- Solid grounding in business concepts and dynamics
- Possess the ability to understand complex client requirements and to clearly articulate the companys offerings to develop solutions to meet those requirements
- Possess understanding of current web and cloud technologies
- The ability to develop and sustain critical relationships across client and prospect base is essential
- Must have proven ability to expertly use common desktop office and business technologies
- Exceptional overall communication skills
Customer Focused personally demonstrated that both external and internal customers are a high priority by identifying, and responding to their needs in a timely and efficient manner
Initiative Recognizes opportunities and initiates actions to capitalize on them by looking for a new and productive ways to make an impact
Innovative Thinking Embraces and champions new ideas and encourages others to be likewise
Building Organizational Commitment Demonstrates commitment, loyalty and appreciation for the organization. Conveys a high-level of concern for all employees, while helping to ensure that both their needs and those of the organization are met
Willingness to travel (30% plus)
Personally Accountable for Team Success. We unleash our edge together.
Confident Achievers. We are bold.
Intellectually Curious. We are sharp.
Adaptable, Agile & Resilient. We are driven.
Customer First. We are real.
MORE ABOUT SKILLSOFT
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets their people and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft and SumTotal are partners to thousands of leading global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company features three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform, and the SumTotal suite for Talent Development, which offers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.