At HealthEdge, we are passionate about providing healthcare payors with technology that enables them to innovate, reduce costs, and address the business imperatives of the evolving healthcare economy. As we continue to grow, we are focused on exceeding our client’s expectations for quality when it comes to software deployments and releases.
Overview: This position is for a hybrid opening - 2/3 days weekly in Burlington, MA.
The Release Manager will work with internal Development, Product and DevOps teams to coordinate environment changes for software releases. The ideal candidate will have software implementation experience including configuring environments for application migration. This will include a solid understanding of Release and Change Management processes. Experience in the healthcare industry is a plus, but not required.
What you bring:
- 5+ years experience as a Release Manager
- 3+ years experience working within Agile Methodology
- Bachelors degree in engineering is preferred or equivalent relevant experience
- Preferred experience with Jira, Confluence, bitbucket
- Functional and technical knowledge of Release and Change Management processes, including configuring environments for application migration.
- The ability to effectively communicate and coordinate between multiple teams including Infrastructure, Support, Development, QA, SMEs, architects, and business stakeholders.
- A focus on a zero/minimum-error software delivery scenarios.
- Hands-on experience with hot fixes for software applications and the ability to seek alternatives in case of deploy/code failures.
- Knowledge of both legacy releases and release management processes using current trends and tools in the industry including DevOps and CI/CD.
- Prior experience with disaster recovery exercises between data centers involving applications as well as database servers.
What you will do:
- Manage and standardize programs to meet the release/deployment criteria
- Work with cross-functional and cross-product teams, to come up with and manage deployment schedules, upgrades, and milestones.
- Act as a gatekeeper, ensuring that all cross-functional teams sign off on the release before each promotion to production.
- Identify & manage risks and clearly communicate them to program/project stakeholders while proposing solutions.
- Effectively communicate required delivery dates, deployment pipelines, releases, and proposed enhanced processes to the delivery teams.
- Be involved in code deployments, database synchronization, and DevOps best practices.
- Streamline deployment practices for effective delivery to the client.
- Work towards Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) with SRE and DevOps teams.
- Produce Deployment and Implementation Plans
- Weekly Release Reporting
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
- Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Ensure all releases are properly staffed with release engineers
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the
deployment plans and checklists.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the office. - Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. - May require travel dependent on company needs.
HealthEdge will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Geographic Responsibility: This will be a hybrid role to the Burlington, MA office
Type of Employment: Full-time, permanent
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the job being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. HealthEdge reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Candidates may be required to go through pre-employment criminal background check.