Immuta is the universal cloud data access control platform, enabling data teams to automate data access control on any cloud, using any data platform, at scale. With Immuta, organizations can finally unlock the full value of their data even the most sensitive data while improving productivity, reducing time to data, maintaining strong security, and enabling new data sharing use cases.
Since our founding in 2015, Immuta has now become the leader in cloud data access control. That comes by applying our expertise in engineering, security, ethics, and law. But, more importantly, it requires a relentless focus on our customers needs. Immutas customers understand that data is the most critical asset for innovation. Secure, democratized, self-service access to cloud-based data is an imperative to accelerate business intelligence, data science, and data sharing outcomes.
- Immuta has been recognized by Forbes as a top American startup employer, by Inc. Magazine as one of the best workplaces, and by Fast Company as one of the top 50 most innovative companies
- Customers include Aon, Credit Suisse, Daimler, S&P Global, U.S. Army, and Atlassian. Over half of the top banks now use Immuta
- Partners include Databricks, Snowflake, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and Starburst
- $169 million in total venture capital funding. Investors include Greenspring Associates, March Capital, Ten Eleven Ventures, Intel Capital Corporation, NGP Capital, DFJ Growth, Dell Technologies Capital, Citi Ventures, Inc, Wipro Ventures, and Okta Ventures
- Major offices in Boston, Massachusetts; Columbus, Ohio; and, College Park, Maryland
The Vice President, Sales West will be responsible for executing Immutas sales strategy within our Western (United States) Sales region. This position reports directly to the Chief Revenue Officer, and is an important component to the continued growth and expansion of our industry leading data governance platform. This person will be responsible for hiring, managing and mentoring a team of talent to meet and exceed their sales revenue goals.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in achieving sales targets and leading teams in the West for a high-growth software or software-related services company. This person will be responsible for hiring, managing and mentoring a team of talent to meet and exceed their sales revenue goals.
Candidates should possess an entrepreneurial spirit and have experience hunting and opening new enterprise accounts (greater than $1B in annual revenue) with a proven track record of sales excellence managing teams that are motivated and consistently capable of exceeding quota. Demonstrated success in building a team and territory from the ground up is a significant plus!
Other important considerations include experience selling in coordination with strategic partners and system integrators. Experience with Databricks and/or Snowflake is a plus.
- Grow, lead and manage Immutas Enterprise selling organization.
- Provide input into Immutas go to market strategy and growth objectives across multiple verticals.
- Coach new and tenured salespeople (as needed) throughout the sales cycle to increase sales velocity.
- Work cross functionally with marketing on sales campaign playbook development and execution.
- Work closely with Revenue Operations to drive sales efficiency, accurate forecasting, and data hygiene.
- Ensure that sales activities are updated, current and tracked in the CRM.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities (other job related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time)
- Travel as needed (about 25%) for sales opportunities and trade events.
- Reinforce and extend the unique and strong Immuta culture.
- 10 years experience selling enterprise software and services and "building new markets or businesses" either in start-up environments or working for international enterprise software companies.
- 5 years in a sales vice president or equivalent role with a proven track record of driving strong sales results against target plans.
- Experience managing teams of quota bearing high-volume sales reps across multiple territories. Specifically, sales management experience in the corporate market and Enterprise markets with focus selling to Enterprises larger than $1B in annual revenues.
- Strong sales management fundamentals such as understanding sales methodologies including solution selling, team selling, the Salesforce.com application and sales motivations.
- Sales compensation plans and models.
- Cold-calling, lead prospecting and business development.
At Immuta, our goal is to help bridge the gap between personal and professional growth, so that our team members can be well and thrive personally and professionally. After all, great professional success stories rarely happen without great personal success stories! Our generous benefits package includes:
- 100% employer paid Healthcare (Medical, Dental, Vision) premiums and deductibles for you and your dependents (including Domestic Partners)
- 100% employer paid mental wellness platform for you and your dependents
- Stock Options
- Wellness perks (100% employer paid Whoop fitness band and subscription)
- Paid parental leave (Both Maternity and Paternity)
- Unlimited Paid time off
- Learning and Development Resources
Immuta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Immuta complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS: Immuta does not accept candidates from third party recruiters. All candidates submitted through are considered to be submissions by the candidate and no submission will obligate Immuta to pay any third party for the referral or hiring of a candidate.