Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Foragers stores in the Tristate area, and featured on the menus of Tom Colicchios New York restaurants Craft and Temple Court. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $170 million from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Temasek and Almanac.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Construction Project Manager to plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. You will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
An excellent Construction Project Manager must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills.
The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborating with engineers, architects etc. to determine the specifications of the project
- Negotiating contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
- Obtaining permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities
- Supervise the work of laborers, mechanics etc. and give them guidance when needed
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and building codes
What You'll Have:
- Proven experience as construction project manager
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Extensive previous work experience managing budgets for construction projects
- Excellent knowledge of construction management, materials and equipment
- Excellent time management ability
- Able to multitask with a strong understanding of core manager duties
Who You Are:
- Overseer of construction projects from beginning to end
- Manager the budget and estimate costs
- Ensurer of supplies and equipment ordered and delivered according to schedule
- Preparer of reports regarding job status
- Resolver any problems that may arise
- Planner of construction operations
- Handler of any environmental or local community issues that may come up during a project
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
Nice to Have:
- PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage
- Familiar with construction and project management software programs
- Conflict resolution and conflict management experience
We celebrate unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures that will enrich the workplace. Join us in creating an inclusive work environment that is free of bias and discrimination, where everyone can be their authentic self. We strongly encourage people from all walks of life and underrepresented backgrounds to apply and join the Bowery Farming team. We are an equal opportunity employer.