Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
Were looking to hire a Recruiting Coordinator to support our growing Recruiting team. Youre a great fit for us if you are highly organized and detail oriented, and think quickly on your feet. Have a customer-service mindset and a can-do attitude? This could be the role for you! Working closely with Benchlings Talent Acquisition team, you will ensure our candidates are well scheduled, well informed, and in good hands throughout their entire interview process. Proven success in the role will lead towards increasing responsibilities within the Recruiting function.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Handle high volume scheduling, from phone interviews to complex onsite interviews, and ensure both candidates and internal stakeholders are well set up
- Manage and coordinate all candidate travel, hotel and travel reimbursements
- Meet and greet candidates during on-site interviews
- Help provide an exceptional candidate experience for candidates throughout the interview process
- Maintain and update job postings on our careers page, as well as on external job boards
- Assist in managing candidate activity in Greenhouse, our Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Maintain all recruiting documents: job descriptions, process docs, and candidate materials
- Assist in the coordination of recruiting events (open houses, meet-ups, etc), campus recruiting, interviewer training and activities, as needed
- Collaborate with all team members to create and continuously improve our recruiting programs and processes
- Special project support, and other duties, as assigned
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Experience in a coordinator or admin type role
- Incredibly organized and attentive to detail
- Able to prioritize multiple assignments
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to think quickly on your feet are necessary for success in this role
- Flexible and able to quickly react to last minute changes
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Commitment to creating an exceptional candidate experience
- Ability to interface well with candidates, cross-functionally across teams, and stakeholders
The perks & benefits below are only available to our full time employees. If you want to enjoy these benefits too, we encourage you to apply to one of our full time positions to become a permanent member of our Benchling team.
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Yearly educational stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.