Who we are:
Join Embark on our mission to improve the life and longevity of dogs everywhere. Our canine DNA test the highest-rated, most accurate on the market enables us to make scientific advances in personalized pet care. Recently named one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, Embark is the only canine genetics company using research-grade technology, which allows us to make new scientific discoveries.
Designed by world leaders in dog genetics in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark Dog DNA Test provides information on genetic health risks and breed make-up, allowing dog owners, breeders, and veterinarians to make personalized care plans based on a dog's unique genetic profile. Embark is also home to the worlds only canine DNA relative finder. No wonder The New York Times recently called Embarks Breed and Health Kit the best dog DNA test available!
Interested in joining our pack? We are looking for highly motivated and mission-driven employees who will join us as Embark leads the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
About the role:
We are rapidly growing! This is where you come in. Join our People Operations team to identify and hire amazing people to join our growing pack. If you have a track record and are committed to wowing hiring managers with your ability to engage top talent, we would like to hear from you!
What youll do:
- Be responsible for the full life cycle recruitment process for a few teams (marketing, product management, others) which focuses on attracting top talent, while providing an exceptional candidate experience
- Build pipelines and create innovative sourcing strategies for positions at all levels
- Partner with hiring managers to support the growth needs of their team by providing clear communication and establishing alignment on best practices including our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Consistently build network through recruiting tools, social media, and events(currently virtual)
- Conduct interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods to filter candidates
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
- Collaborate with the team to create best practices, share knowledge and drive our employer brand
What experience were looking for:
- 3+ years of experience as a recruiter working on a variety of roles across multiple departments, with a focus on marketing.
- Demonstrated success partnering with hiring managers to fill open positions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An innovative approach and an ability to be organized and work in a fast paced start-up environment
- Familiarity with HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems, and Recruiting Platforms
- Self-starter and able to work independently
- Passionate about finding talent
- Start-up experience is a plus
What we can offer:
At Embark, we might be dog lovers, but were passionate about people too. Were committed to building an inclusive culture where all employees can belong and flourish. Here are some of our benefits and perks:
- A flexible vacation policy so you can take off the time you need when you need it
- Paid maternal and paternal leave (plus paw-ternity leave for new pets)
- Every other Friday off each summer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston (when we get back to the office), with some flexibility (eg work from home at least 2 days a week, flexibility around child care needs, etc)
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized pet insurance and dog-walking services
- Startup perks with big-company benefits (401k match, a generous bonus structure, commuter benefits, top-of-the-line healthcare, HSA/FSA)
- Competitive salaries and equity participation every employee gets stock options
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education, including attending conferences and company-provided resources to help with individual growth and development
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.