Founded in 2015, Bowery Farming is on a mission to democratize access to high-quality, local, safe and sustainable produce. Bowery builds smart indoor farms near cities, growing fresher, pesticide-free Protected Produce with bold flavor in precisely controlled environments, 365 days a year. At the heart of each farm is the proprietary BoweryOS, which integrates software, hardware, sensors, AI, computer vision systems, machine learning models and robotics to orchestrate and automate the entirety of its operations. As a result, each farm creates far less waste and uses a fraction of the water and land compared to traditional agriculture.
About The Role:
Were looking for an entrepreneurial Recruiter to expand our talent acquisition capability. Youll join Bowery Farming at a critical point in our growth trajectory as a full-cycle recruiter. Youll be a primary stakeholder to build exceptional Operations teams for Bowery and recruit for a wide variety of roles across Farm Operations, Supply Chain, Robotics & Automation, Engineering (Controls, Mechanical & Industrial), Farm Design & Development, Farm Build & Launch, and Quality & Consumer Safety. Youll work with our People team to create an inclusive, consistent framework for our hiring, implementing processes and technology to streamline staffing efforts in the near and long term. Youll join a small and scrappy team in a hands-on role where you wear many hats and get to make a real, lasting impact in the space.
What You'll Do:
- Devise a talent strategy that aligns with our overarching business needs and reaches top, diverse talent across operations
- Work closely with leadership to identify hiring needs, plan for team growth, calibrate for role fit, and close key hires
- Deliver a smooth and memorable candidate experience at all stages of the interview process
- Craft and promote our employment brand to create awareness and expand our reach
- Build successful hiring pipelines by proactively recruiting and sourcing talent for future needs
- Drive ongoing measurement and assessment of recruiting performance through metrics and reporting to ensure hiring goals are met
Who You Are:
- A passionate and articulate communicator, ready to be the public face and voice of Bowery
- A full-cycle recruiter with excellent sourcing skills
- Someone who understands and will be guided by the importance of having a diverse workplace
- A thought leader with a knack for building talented teams and improving processes
- A poised multitasker comfortable in a fast-paced environment with overlapping deadlines
- A data-driven and analytical thinker who can leverage recruiting metrics
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!
Based in New York City, Bowery is the largest vertical farming company in the United States, serving major e-commerce platforms and more than 850 grocery stores in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, including Albertsons Companies (Safeway and Acme), Amazon Fresh, Giant Food, Walmart, Weis, Whole Foods Market, and specialty grocers, with produce that's harvested year-round at peak freshness, delivered within days of harvest. Bowery has raised $472 million from leading investors, including Fidelity Management & Research Company LLC, Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and individuals including Henry Kravis, Jeff Wilke, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including Tom Colicchio, Jos Andrs and David Barber of Blue Hill. For more information on Bowery and its products, please visit www.BoweryFarming.comPress kit: https://boweryfarming.com/press/