Receptionist - Hult Boston
Reports to Operations Manager
If you are passionate about office culture, love to deliver exceptional service and experiences, and thrive when others are relying on you, we want to meet you!
As a Receptionist, your main duty will be to assist and support our community of 1,000+ students and staff Hult Boston’s campus. You will be a central figure on campus, flawlessly executing our front desk and office-wide processes while maintaining high productivity and a level head in stressful situations.
This role requires constant interaction with all of Hult and Education First stakeholders: staff, students, vendors, partners, and more. You will gain extensive knowledge of Hult’s campuses, processes, and functions, which will allow you to provide the best possible service to these groups as well as identify opportunities to improve our existing offerings.
Our receptionist is a vital member of the Operations team. The Operations team is the central resource of campus and is responsible for driving our culture through building operations, events, programs, and communication. We know that every interaction, email, and act of kindness matters – no matter how big or small. The ability to work independently leading your own projects while communicating amongst a highly collaborative team and maintaining a friendly, positive attitude at all times is critical.
Some specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- First point of contact for all building entrants at main desk
- Answering phones and welcoming/directing guests
- Planning and orchestrating office events, workshops, and parties
- Managing daily office requests from Hult employees, such as general office Q&A, conference room bookings, and collecting staff feedback
- Maintaining and streamlining internal employee website
- Negotiating and maintaining relationships with vendors for staff perks/benefits
- Researching ways to innovate and develop staff culture
- Other special projects
Who You Are:
- 1-2 years of professional experience in a guest/customer service role. Administrative, hospitality, or operations experience preferred
- Passionate about Hult’s mission: We strive to be the most relevant business school in the world
- Intensely service minded; experience in the service industry a plus
- Exhilarated by the idea of hosting a dinner party for 50 guests on less than 24 hours’ notice
- Self-driven and independent with exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Positive, high energy – you are Hult’s hype person
- ‘Attention to detail’ might as well be your middle name
- Able to multitask and adapt quickly in high-distraction, ever-changing environments
- A high energy and enthusiastic individual who thrives under pressure
- Passion for high standards of customer
- Proactive, results-oriented with a positive attitude
Start date: as soon as the post is filled.
Please note: this position is designed to be in-person, and is not eligible for Hult's hybrid work from home policy
*Please note that you must have the right to work in the United States to be considered for this position.
Hult is a new kind of non-profit business school that constantly innovates to meet the needs of students, employers, and society in a world that is changing faster than ever before. More than a business school, Hult is a dynamic and multicultural community that educates, inspires, and connects some of the most forward-thinking business talent from around the world.
What we do
Hult International Business School is a non-profit educational pioneer and the first triple accredited US business school. Ranked by the Financial Times, Economist, Forbes, and Bloomberg Businessweek, Hult offers undergraduate, graduate, and executive education programs across its global campuses in Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai, Shanghai, and New York. The school’s philosophy is that business skills can only truly be learned by doing. By immersing students from all over the world in practical, hands-on experiences from day one, this fresh approach to education is creating a global community of confident, entrepreneurially minded graduates, ready to tackle the challenges of tomorrow.
Solving problems and overcoming challenges is what our students do: all year, every year. We bring together creative, open-minded people from all over the world to find solutions to the world’s most pressing issues by doing business, not just studying it. So they graduate with the skills and the mindset to be ready for anything.
And now we’re looking for talented workforce that think the same way.
We seek to promote an environment for our students, faculty, and staff that welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, races, religions, genders, sexual identities, abilities, and personal circumstances in a spirit of inclusivity and belonging. At Hult, we believe that it’s through our diversity that we find our strength.
We strive to be the most relevant business school in the world. By using our global reach and always being creative, entrepreneurial, and on the cutting edge, our aim is to have a positive impact on individuals and organizations by transforming their management practices. In so doing, we hope to be the business school of choice for existing and aspiring leaders. We will contribute to sustainable growth, helping leaders to integrate commercial success and societal well-being.
Equal opportunities at Hult
Hult is dedicated to actively creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing opportunity regardless of gender, religion, race, color, sexual identity, disability, ethnicity, age, and all the individual identities that make us unique. If you require any accommodation to assist you in the interview process, please submit this with your inquiry.
Hult offers competitive salaries and benefits in a global, empathetic, and highly multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking school, we’d love to hear from you.
Hult International Business School is a 501©(3) non-profit educational organization registered in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) to award U.S. degrees. Students are awarded a joint U.S. and U.K. degree on successful completion of the program. The U.K. degree is awarded by the Ashridge (Bonar Law Memorial) Trust, known as Ashridge, with which Hult has a strategic alliance.