WiTricity is currently hiring interns to work with our R&D team on-site at our Watertown, MA office. The intern will work on exciting projects for WiTricitys Electric Vehicle (EV) wireless charging products. At WiTricity, interns will be working to redefine the next generation of wireless power.
This semester long co-op is a full-time, paid position, working on-site in Watertown, MA.
Potential projects include the following:
Design and implementation of in-road charging pads
- The successful candidate will work on both theoretical and practical aspects of in-road-based charging pads.
- FEA tools, such as Ansys, for analyzing magnetic properties, and SolidWorks for analyzing physical properties, will be used for theoretical assessment of the problem.
- It is expected that the candidate builds and tests a number of prototypes for the lab evaluation.
Optimization of resonant capacitors for wireless power transfer EV Chargers
- The successful candidate will assess currently available technologies, test samples, and benchmark potential solutions.
- Additionally, in cooperation with the capacitor suppliers, will work on creating a cost-optimized solution for use in the wireless power transfer EV charging products.
- Must be pursuing an MS or PhD degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or related engineering field.
- Lab experience and strong documentation skills.
- Strong work ethic, reliability, desire to learn and a passion for the field.
WiTricity is the global industry leader in wireless charging, powering a sustainable future of mobility that is electric and autonomous. WiTricitys patented magnetic resonance technology is being incorporated into global automakers and Tier 1 suppliers EV roadmaps and is the foundation of major global standards developed to support wide-scale adoption. Advancements like dynamic charging of moving vehicles, and the charging of autonomous robots and vehicles without human intervention all depend on WiTricity technology. See how WiTricity enables a magically simple, efficient charging experience.