Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, were making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, were bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
About the Radio Frequency Systems Engineering (RFSE) Team:
- The RFSE team plays a key role in the design and development of Starrys technology.
- Product design review and requirements: The team is essential in evaluating system features and working with all teams to translate them into high level specifications. Group members help derive module-level specifications required to achieve high level system performance.
- Module level integration, calibration and optimization: Engineers on the RFSE team will take early modules from the Mechanical, RF and Firmware teams and integrate them into functional prototypes for determining initial performance and developing optimization algorithms.
- Transition engineering units from manufacturing to deployment: The team works closely with program management and shepherds new products from system lab experiments to field tests and active deployments to ensure successful product releases.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with all engineering teams to produce high-quality products
- Review and contribute to product specifications
- Ensure individual system features meet requirements
- Integrate newly designed modules into functional systems for proof-of-concept
- Create and execute system test plans
- Design, develop, execute and automate system-level tests
- Quantify system reliability, scalability, and performance
- Develop and improve automation suites and test harnesses
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical/Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Experience writing system specifications and detailed test plans
- Experience with electronics labs and test equipment, including signal generators, spectrum analyzers, and network analyzers
- Working knowledge of RF/mmWave principles
- Proficiency with Linux, Python, networking, and bash
- Experience with source control and defect tracking systems (Github, Jira, etc.)
- Strong communication skills
- Expertise in RF/mmWave principles, including fundamentals of link budgets, system cascade analysis, and RF circuit theory
- Understanding of wireless communications protocols, e.g. 802.11ac/ax (Wi-Fi)
- Working knowledge of embedded systems and networking concepts
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.