: Quantitative Research Manager
Office Tour Photos
- Use SQL to create, quality-check, and de-identify new research datasets for analysis
- Use R/Python and Excel to carry out statistical analyses of health care data and generate data visualizations
- Partner with our Marketing organization to turn findings into content via presentations, data visualizations, white papers, etc.
- Identify and delve into new research topics by talking to stakeholders and staying current on the latest in academic journals, popular press, etc.
- Develop a trusted advisor reputation across athenahealth. Become an expert on athenahealths business processes and data structures.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Public Health or other quantitative field, plus 3+ years of relevant experience strongly preferred
- Experience conducting research with large and messy datasets required, experience specifically with claims and/or EHR databases strongly preferred
- Understanding of outpatient health care delivery, IT, research, and policy preferred
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong skills in SQL, R, and/or Python (preferably in AWS environment)
- Ability to work with large and unwieldy health data sets
- High level of comfort creating presentations to deliver results to a business (non-technical) audience
- Researchers intuition for formulating research questions, selecting hypotheses, and applying appropriate methods to test them
- Ability to drive results both independently and when working with cross-functional teams
- Passion for improving health care and high tolerance for ambiguity in a fundamentally creative process
More Jobs From