Droplette is the best way to care for and repair your skin.
We are seeking an experienced Quality Manager to join our team ensuring products are manufactured, at medium to large scale, with a high level of quality.
The ideal candidate is an experienced quality manager, capable of overseeing both the implementation of design or process changes, as well as maintaining existing manufacturing and production quality.
The ideal candidate can take ownership of supplier measurement and qualification. The role serves as the key liaison between vendors, sub-suppliers, contract manufacturers, and engineers. Influencing cross-functional teams across product development, sourcing, testing and program management, the Quality Manager is accountable for supplier quality.
This role is located in the Seaport District and is a hybrid onsite/work from home role.
**Preference will be given to City of Boston residents.**
As a company that values inclusion, Droplette seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for the position. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like Anti-racism training and bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What Youll Do:
- Lead a strategic approach to strengthen the quality process of suppliers, contract manufacturing, auditing and process improvements
- Work independently to define KPIs and reporting methods, establish goals and create excitement for meeting and exceeding these goals.
- Establish and maintain a Quality Management System, with corrective and preventive action (CAPA), working cross-functionally with Droplettes design teams and supply chain partners
- Build a culture of quality within Droplette, educating those around you on COPQ
- Implement methods to inspect and test both production products as well as automated production and packaging equipment
- Work hands-on with internal and external manufacturing partners to solve problems and improve processes. Develop and maintain process indicators to analyze reports to identify recurring negative trends requiring corrective action
- Provide root cause analysis of technical issues and develop containment and corrective actions for products and processes for both in house and external manufacturing partners.
- Champion and manage the DFMEA process, collaborating with the engineering team
- Drive continuous improvement, applying best practices of Lean Manufacturing, Value Stream Mapping, and Six Sigma
- Participate in the planning process for new features rollouts and ECOs
What We Seek:
- Bachelors degree in engineering and/or related technical fields
- 7+ years of experience in a quality engineering /manufacturing environment
- Experience building and deploying a quality management system
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Experience with high-volume consumer products, preferably working directly on production lines or on site with contract manufacturers. Experience with injection molded plastic parts is a plus
- Significant experience with electromechanical assemblies.
- Experience with automated assembly equipment including design specification, maintenance, troubleshooting and operational optimization.
- Experience managing Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) relationships including overseas and remote locations.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC), 8D, Non-Conformance reporting, five whys, fishbone diagrams, etc.
- Six Sigma certification a plus
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what weve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, wed love to learn more about you!
More about Droplette
At Droplette were pioneering technology that makes skin-care super-actives like collagen and retinol into high-velocity micro-drops that slide painlessly through the skin absorbing 20 times deeper than topical serums or creams. Droplette heals skin from deep within, delivering results (funded by the NIH) in less than a minute a day. The Droplette system was named one of Popular Sciences 100 greatest inventions of 2021 and our founders have been named Medical Marvel(s) 2021 by Newsweek for Pushing the technological boundaries of health care. Droplette is the best way to care for and repair your skin.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination or harassment based on protected categories, Droplette also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior from ever gaining a foothold in our company. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Droplette.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice: Agencies that submit a resume to Droplette must have a current executed Droplette Agency Agreement executed by the Head of People Operations. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Droplette Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Droplette Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected].
Droplette participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Covid- 19 Mandatory Vaccination Requirement: Effective October 1, 2021, all new hires must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved by the Head of People Operations in writing. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.