This position is located in our Lexington, MA headquarters. We seek a Quality Engineer to join us in creating and testing our next generation of robotic systems. The successful candidate will be part of and/or lead a multi-disciplinary team developing novel electro-mechanical systems with emphasis on sensors, motion control, power, and user interfaces. Applicants must have a proven track record of developing products and successfully transitioning them into production. This position requires both excellent design skills and demonstrated technical leadership ability. Some limited domestic travel may be required.
- Serve as the customer quality advocate on assigned program team.
- Participate in the review of marketing requirements document (MRD) to ensure it is clearly defined, documented and continuously updated; and the development of appropriate systems and engineering specifications.
- Ensure that critical product characteristics (form, fit, function, safety) are identified on engineering specifications for design qualification and process control
- Lead the development and execution of the Design Validation Test Specification (DVTS) to define the necessary testing for qualification prior to launch / commercialization approval.
- Ensure that compliance requirements for the program are defined and met.
- Lead the development of the Production Line Test Specification (PLTS) document and qualification of production test equipment.
- Establish system reliability requirements and reliability allocation of subsystems and components, as well as define test methods for the program.
- Facilitate DFMEA and PFMEA studies with program team to mitigate potential failures in the design and assembly process.
- Brainstorm with program team to identify mistake-proofing opportunities in the design and in the assembly process.
- Participate in design reviews to provide quality input.
- Participate in engineering sample builds and reviews to ensure objectives and success criteria are defined.
- Ensure that defects and failures are identified and tracked to resolution through industry standard defect tracking and resolution tools
- Ensure that all new ME and EE parts are qualified and approved.
- Work in collaboration with Contract Manufacturers (CMs) to develop Quality Control Plans.
- Work in collaboration with CMs to plan and develop manufacturing processes to realize the design intent of the programs.
- Work in collaboration with CMs to execute final pre-production build requirements as qualification of the manufacturing process (test yields, cycle time, defect rate, Cpk, etc.).
- Ensure that all specified marketing and engineering requirements are reviewed and met prior to product launch.
Desired Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Electrical, Mechanical, or Software Engineering.
- 10 or more years of related work experience.
- Highly skilled with analysis tools / methods.
- Highly skilled with problem solving tools / methods such as DOE.
- Highly skilled with defect avoidance methodologies such as poke yoke, DFMEA / PFMEA.
- Strong knowledge and experience with APQP concepts and methodologies including FMEA, control planning, mistake proofing, PPAP, SPC, Gage R&R.
- Good knowledge and experience with validation testing and production test equipment qualification.
- Must have the temperament be able to work effectively in a matrix organization and confidence to stand firm on critical to customer / quality requirements.
- Strong knowledge of new product development tollgate process.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
More Jobs From