Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Business Systems QA Manager will provide oversight and execution of quality assurance initiatives for Toasts Business Systems team. This role will supervise a team of QA Engineers (manual and automated) responsible for ensuring the quality and stability of all applications within the Business Systems portfolio. The role will also work closely with their peers within business systems to establish testing standards and best practices and contribute toward predictable delivery of quality releases.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Manage the daily quality assurance efforts of a team of QA engineers responsible for evaluating, validating and testing internal development and administration initiatives (ex: Salesforce.com, NetSuite)
- Design and implement defect reduction and prioritization programs, including establishing and maintaining policy for test documentation
- Monitor and ensure the stability of Toasts business systems
- Develop and manage quality assurance metrics for performance improvement of all teams
- Assist in managing projects and interdependencies and ensure adherence to milestones and release integrity
- Work with Project Managers to develop project schedules and resource allocation plans
- Conduct and participate in test case reviews, requirement reviews, design reviews, and change control activities
- Create and contribute to the creation of test plans, test cases, test scenarios, and test data for use during testing phases of the SDLC, and assist in meeting testing deliverables
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 3+ years in a quality assurance or software engineering lead/management role
- 5+ years working in an Agile SCRUM environment
- 8-10 years in a software development or information systems environment
- Proven experience as a quality assurance manager of relevant role
- Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards
- Advanced knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, act independently and solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
Bonus Ingredients* (Experience)
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with NetSuite
- Experience with Workato
- Project management experience
- Experience with automated testing frameworks, such as Selenium
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.