ARE YOU INTERESTED IN JOINING A HYPER-GROWTH LOGISTICS TECH COMPANY?
Do you believe in game-changing innovations and are excited about reimagining an 800 billion dollar industry?
Do you believe that theres always a better way to solve a problem?
Do you have experience in building dynamic and scalable applications in Python?
If so, nice to meet you! We are Loadsmart and we have recently created a new Python Back End Engineer to help us optimize top talent at our growing company (we grew from 150 to 450 in the last 18 months) with a recent Series C of $90M. We are seeking an innovative, agile, data-oriented Python Back End Engineer who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced global company.
LOCATION: New York
WHAT YOU GET TO DO...
- Discuss good practices for software modularization and feel comfortable suggesting contributions to build our set of internal guidelines and shared code
- Together with other team members, be responsible for the whole lifecycle of an application or service, from conception, specification, development, testing, support, bug fixing, and decommission
- Build and maintain services written in Python, using Terraform to manage our infrastructure, Kinesis for event streaming, and several other technologies
- Propose, document, and deliver API solutions for internal and external customers, as well as maintain projects inside the teams scope
- Create tests, automation scripts, and configure Continuous Integration tools
YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of programming experience building and maintaining services, most of them in PythonBe passionate about creating clean, highly maintainable, and structured code, supported by unit and integration tests
- Building blocks. Experience with architectural design patterns for services (client-server, event sourcing, MVC, etc)
- Collaboration with Front End. Experience developing REST APIs so you can also collaborate on its definition together with frontend developers
- Youre very comfortable communicating in English (both written and spoken)Troubleshooting. You're good at identifying the source of bugs, know how to dig into the code that may be causing the outstanding issue, and work to resolve any issues that come up
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes, and Terraform is a plus
NOTE: Loadsmart does not require degrees for any role outside of Legal or Accounting (where CPA is needed) and where possible you should avoid years of experience but instead focus on what you need the person to be able to do, not necessarily how they acquired the ability to do it
YOUR COLLEAGUES WOULD DESCRIBE YOU AS:
- Someone that is always trying to find better ways to solve problems and thinks outside of the box
- Passionate about building solutions that create sustainable, resilient, and long-lasting value
- Curious about learning new technologies and tools as well as evaluating their pros and cons. You ask questions and are hungry to learn more
- Someone that takes ownership of complex problems
- Passionate about developing and you value quality and code maintainability Flexible person and open to others ideas
- Someone that likes to solve problems in the most simple way as possible
WORKING AT LOADSMART
Competitive base salaries - we believe in rewarding top talent
Extremely competitive Equity package
Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
Commuter benefits and membership with CITI bike
10 Paid holidays, plus 15 days of accrued PTO for a total of 25 paid days off per year
Lots of employee engagement activities both offsite and onsite; if youre in Chicago expect to have an amazing time as we reopen our offices
An opportunity to work with an inclusive, global community of 450+ Loadies united by our core value of Teamwork
Regular recognition, feedback, and transparency across all levels
Opportunities for you to join our community service initiatives
At Loadsmart, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Loadsmart treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes, including on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.