Superpedestrian is engineering the future of micromobility. The Superpedestrian team is composed of some of the most talented operations specialists, policy managers, designers and engineers, all focused on transforming the future urban mobility. Our scooters, called LINK, were designed to prioritize safety from the inside out, and our Superpedestrian team is dedicated to building meaningful local and city partnerships across the world. Join us!
We are seeking a Purchasing Specialist who will act as a Senior Buyer and Planner with experience purchasing custom mechanical assemblies, custom components and off the shelf parts. You will be responsible for requesting, receiving and organizing quotes, placing orders with suppliers and tracking delivery. You will work cross functionally with every department in the organization.
What you'll do:
- Generate RFQs, analyze costs, and purchase parts from new and existing vendors
- Process purchase requisitions and generate purchase orders in our ERP system
- Follow up with vendors to ensure delivery of existing orders
- Work with field sites to receive material and with accounting to align invoices to purchase orders
- Suggest new vendors for COTS parts
- Handle receiving of parts and manage our inventory
- Update and maintain our Vendor Database
What were looking for:
- 5+ years work experience in Senior Buyer/Planner roles within a global organization
- Advanced experience with Excel
- Experience in Netsuite and/or Sage or other similar ERP systems
- Excellent communication skills and the proven ability to effectively work with global suppliers
- Certification in e.g. APICS, ISM or LEAN is a plus
- Experience working in manufacturing environment with solid understanding of MRP system logic, statistical safety stock modeling and understanding of forecasting techniques is a plus
- Experience in a KANBAN or VMI environment preferred Strategic sourcing experience a plus
- Able to manage multiple projects and maintain focus at all times to meet deadlines
- Previous work experience at both small and large companies is a plus
- Ability to organize and conduct work independently
Superpedestrian actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. If you think you meet most of the requirements, but not every single point on the job description, please still apply! Wed love to have a chat and see if you'd be a great addition to our team.