Office Tour Photos
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our works made a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and were expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
The Public Relations and Communications team at CarGurus is responsible for telling our story to a variety of audiences such as car shoppers, dealerships, partners and many others, and we do so in true CarGurus fashion through collaborating across the entire company. We are looking for an accountable and creative Public Relations Senior Associate that is passionate about telling stories, writing content and digging through data to generate results. Reporting to our Public Relations Director, this candidate will work with both CarGurus US and International communications programs and will hone their already sharp media relations skills while improving their strategic approach to public relations.
What Youll Do:
- Actively pursue and engage in media relations to drive CarGurus US communications program
- Collaborate with PR Director in managing CarGurus communications program in Canada
- Create and edit content such as press releases, bylines, media pitches and research briefs
- Proactively analyze and update CarGurus media landscape
- Manage PR teams internal processes and reporting and company-wide internal communications infrastructure
- Prepare media briefing materials for company spokespeople
- Assist in writing industry award and speaking submissions
- Using PR analytics software, assist with coverage monitoring, tracking and reporting
- Update key internal executives and stakeholders on relevant industry and competitor news
- Work across several teams such as consumer marketing, B2B marketing, product, sales, HR, and engineering
Who You Are:
- Bachelors degree in marketing, public relations or a related field is required
- 4-5 years of PR/marketing experience, either in-house or at an agency and most importantly, can speak to results from that experience.
- Has experience working with media and influencers, including pitch creation and execution
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to consistently meets deadlines
- Able to prioritize several PR and marketing campaigns
- A background and/or a strong interest in technology, automotive, and/or consumer communications
- Good sense of humor and likes working in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, Germany, Spain, Italy, and the UKwith other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.
More Jobs From