At Knox, we’re using data to change the way households build wealth. We’re making it easy for homeowners to turn their old home into an income property when they move out. By changing the homeownership pattern, we’ll give families a way to build wealth faster and with less volatility. With seed funding banked, we’re building a seasoned team to help us go to market. We are looking for an experienced, energetic, hands-on property management professional who wants to help us launch this amazing product and provide a game-changing client experience.
Our property management division is the heart of the client experience for renters. The team finds renters for the units we manage, oversees move in and move out, administers maintenance requests, coordinating with 3rd party tradespeople, and communicates with unit owners to answer questions and provide superior service. In the early days, you, along with the rest of the founding team, will perform hands-on property administration and customer relations. As we grow, you’ll lead a growing team who are the face of the company to renters and homeowners.
Extensive experience in property management, leasing finance, finding tenants, and maintenance request management are all requirements for this role. That said, we are not looking to recreate what’s been done before. Knox will provide a renter and homeowner experience on par with the best consumer brands, regardless of industry. The renters and homeowners we work with are going to love their relationship with Knox. As a result, turnover will be minimal. Word of mouth customer referrals will be the norm. Renters, if they have to move, will want to move into another home managed by Knox.
- Manage the rental program including:
- Move-ins/outs, security deposits, transfers, rent changes
- Handle evictions when appropriate. * Manage third-party vendor relationships with property maintenance providers
- Ensure all tenant issues are properly addressed within a reasonable schedule
- Manage communication with the tenant so they know when to expect a resolution * Ensure regulation compliance, oversee background checks
- Responsibilities to develop as the company rapidly expands.
- Oversees or conducts and coordinates all marketing activities to promote the property.
- Markets units to prospects, guests, etc.
- Conducts outreach to local businesses and organizations to promote the property.
- Manage showings
Requirements & Skills:
- Must be familiar with housing management.
- The candidate must possess strong organizational and management skills.
- Experience working in a rapidly growing organization is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and detail oriented.
- Must be comfortable in a fast changing and developing work environment.
Location: Our office is currently located in downtown Boston. You are likely to find yourself traveling to units around Boston, Brookline, Cambridge, and Somerville and beyond.
Salary range reflects cash compensation, option package, and full benefits.
More Jobs From