Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. Were hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the worlds most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
We're seeking an energetic, ambitious, and motivated Project Manager who is a master of managing the facets of projects: the team, the scope and the clients for a successful delivery. As a Project Manager you will own the delivery of a portfolio of projects, ranging from quick implementations to large scale program contributions for well-known international brands. You will participate in the full delivery lifecycle, from onboarding through deployment, collaborating with fellow Delivery members (BA, QA, PM, Ops), Engineers, Customer Support, Legal, and Finance. We will provide our Best Practice approach to delivery with standardized tools, the delivery engagement model, and escalation/support plans. You will bring your experience consulting with external clients, emphasizing clear communication, collaboration, and risk management. So if you are a smart, highly motivated PM with both solid technical exposure and a polished communication style, the PM role at Brightcove presents a challenging and exciting career opportunity.
- Accountable for consulting and guiding external clients of Brightcove to successful delivery of contracted deliverables ranging from SME consulting to Application development based on the Brightcove video experience
- Facilitate client workshops and requirements gathering, with supporting SMEs
- Manage multiple projects with varying levels of complexity in parallel
- Manage internal & external stakeholders and delivery teams remotely across multiple time zones
- Responsible for program charter, governance and communications planning and defining roles for each engagement
- Risk assessment, tracking, and mitigation planning, with internal/external teams, regular
status reporting and escalations to ensure no surprises
- Scope and budget control with internal reporting
- Manage Change Requests
- Coordination and continuous expectation setting among internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage internal and third-party development teams to deliver projects
- Participate in continuous improvement and enforcement of our Delivery Best Practices
- Contributing to a healthy, collaborative team environment
- 3-5 years experience on technical project teams or professional services teams in support or delivery-related roles with external customers
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to manage clients, vendors and teams dispersed geographically
- Familiarity with standard project management tools, practices and procedures.
- Experience with simultaneously planning, organizing, and executing projects of varying sizes and complexities and delivering them within the specified timeframe and budget
- Ability to facilitate requirements definition, project planning and gap analysis.
- Familiar with Waterfall, Iterative and Agile methods of delivery
- Experience with Confluence and JIRA is a strong plus
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as generous PTO - and we expect you to use it!
We offer flexible options to work in our Boston office located in Fort Point harbor, remotely or in a hybrid set up (only exceptions are the roles that MUST work a certain way which we are finalizing soon). Whichever option you choose, we have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe and we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove and more to come!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Please note that while this job description is an accurate description of the role, it is also subject to change during the course of this search.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!