The Project Manager helps to ensure the successful completion of projects that are initiated in support of Altruista’s business strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help identify the key pitfalls that are known to derail a project including lack of leadership or sponsorship, poor communication, no incentive plan, and no definition of the business process
- Assist in the planning and implementation of assigned projects
- Assist in facilitation and defining project scope, goals, and deliverables
- Contributes to project tasks and resource requirements; request resources
- Assist in the development or refining of all related processes, procedures, and governance required to operate and execute programs and projects successfully in a global environment
- Follow established program metrics, and helps to monitors effectiveness and results of programs
- Contribute to the planning and scheduling of project timelines to establish program metrics, and monitor effectiveness and results of programs and adjusts accordingly
- Tracks project deliverables using appropriate tools such as One Drive, Confluence, MS Project, SharePoint, Jira, One Note
- Communicates with key business stakeholders to ensure solutions meet business requirements and goals are achieved
- Assists in the implementation and management of project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- Contribute to the evaluation and assessment of project results based on project objectives and alignment with company’s overall vision and goal to be a leading provider of patient-centric and customizable total population care management platforms
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Familiar with basic fundamental concepts. On a limited basis, applies basic principles, theories, and concepts to job assignments. Work, still closely managed, involves limited problem solving, following standardized practices and procedures. Typically interfaces with senior level professionals and Leader in work group.
The Project Manager is not a supervisory role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- Program management experience with at least 1 year in an external customer-facing role preferred
- Experience in people management preferred
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management, and change management preferred
- APMP Certification Preferred
- Agile Certification Preferred
- Six Sigma Certification Preferred
- ITIL Certification Preferred
- Development & Technology Certification Preferred
- Knowledge of project management principles/body of knowledge
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of software development methodologies
- Knowledge of insurance industry and healthcare industry terminology, operations, and information systems
- Proficient in project management software
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills,
- Organizational and decision-making skills
- Communication and public speaking skills
- Skilled in influencing and leading and working in a team
- Skilled at conflict management and negotiation
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to lead and offer opinions and direction
- Willingness to take on challenges
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Tasks involve some physical effort, i.e. some standing and walking, or frequent light lifting (5-10 lb.); minimal dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of office equipment. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard and extended periods of sitting at a workstation or desk.
- Tasks require:
- Sound perception and discrimination
- Visual perception and discrimination
- Oral communications ability
- The job will require up to 25% regional travel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The tasks will generally be performed in a typical office environment.
While Altruista Health is located in Reston, VA, you may live anywhere in the U.S., but you must be willing to travel to the client location on a regular basis.
Altruista will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Altruista, a HealthEdge company, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer