NWN is looking for a Program Manager to join our team in the Waltham/Boston region. This is a full time position with full benefits.
The Program Manager role is responsible for managing the overall delivery activities, including provisioning and support, for NWN's offerings to a large, strategic customer or a group of assigned customers under NWN contract offering parameters.
Scope of Role Responsibilities
Essential, key job responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
Managing the overall delivery activities, including provisioning and support, for NWN's offerings to a large, strategic customer or a group of assigned customers under NWN contract offering parameters.
- Ensures that all Customer Success team members are following established operational practices and procedures.
- Ensures accurate and timely entry of all time and expense tracking for team members delivering services on designated assignments.
- Ensures adequate staffing levels are achieved in order to successfully deliver services to the customer.
Managing customer relationship throughout implementation and support phases. Establishing reasonable customer expectation(s) through proactive and consistent communication and reporting. Help customers realize their full potential with NWN and by strengthening the client relationship and improving the overall customer experience.
- Establishes partnership with key stakeholders to ensure that the program are aligned with the business priorities and performance is properly measured in order to meet organizational objectives and goals.
- Establishes an on-site presence at the customer location.
- Acts as a trusted advisor and liaison, actively advocating on behalf of the customer within NWN.
- Acts as point of escalation for the customer 7x24.
- Ensures that project scope and status are timely, tracked and reported.
- Ensures accurate and timely financial transaction processing.
- Ensures development and/or adherence to established change management practices, either the customer's or NWN's.
Ensures development and/or adherence to an established communication plan, including facilitation of meetings including but not limited to:
- Engagement kick-off
- Status meetings – daily, weekly
- Monthly performance review(s)
- Quarterly business review(s) both with the customer and NWN Management
Managing the operational integration of services into Customer Success for contract specific deliverables where applicable. Ensuring that enablement activities are occurring in conjunction with provisioning activities in order to provide a smooth support transition experience for the customer.
- Project delivery to be managed on schedule and within budget.
- Device and service information is transitioned on-time in order to facilitate support activities commencing upon service acceptance by the customer.
- Proven ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- Providing steady leadership in the face of uncertainty, change and aggressive deadlines.
- Adhere to SSAE16 related controls.
Additional job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coaching and mentoring others in delivery of services provided.
- Maintaining an appropriate level of technical and business knowledge. Understands the changing IT landscape and continues to expand knowledge of the industry.
- Participates and facilitates the PPR (Post Project Review), PIR (Post Incident Review), High Visibility & MCAASO (Multiple Customer As-a Service Outage) processes.
- Working collaboratively with the Customer Success teams to resolve or evolve delivery processes.
- Setting performance expectations proactively and helping Project Managers and Customer Experience Managers manage expectations of delivery and requirements, yielding consistent results.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Role Qualifications and Requirements
The following are minimum qualifications and requirements required for this role:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience.
- PMP certification required.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in an operations management or engagement management role.
- Experience working in a multi-site, multi-disciplined matrix organization.
- A broad-based knowledge of, and experience with managing mid to large complex multiyear technology implementations.
- Proven ability to build and lead integrated teams from various internal and external organizations across multiple sites.
- Strong conceptual thinking, analytical, problem solving, relationship, negotiation, and persuasion and influence skills.
- Possess a hands-on approach and be self-directed.
- Possess strong organization and management skills.
- Must have the ability to develop and execute efficient and repeatable business processes.
- Excellent communication skill, both written and oral.
- Comfortable, poised, and affable with senior level and/or C level executives, including NWN management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Product Suite.
- Must have own reliable transportation, cell phone and high-speed internet.
- Self-starter with a bias towards action and personal accountability.
The following qualifications are ideal, but not required:
- Combination of in-house and out-sourced experience.
- Vendor management experience.
- Financial management experience.
- ITIL Foundation or PMP (Preferred) certifications.
Travel: On average, 4 times per year out of state travel by air. In state travel by auto as required for customer meetings.
Overtime: Rare, only in times of customer or delivery emergencies.