Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
At Benchling, we are rapidly scaling our professional services team and partner network to work on customer engagements and projects worldwide. To help manage and scale this business, we are looking for a Resource Manager with strong operational, organizational, collaboration, and communication skills. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the operations of a business and who understands how a well-run operation can have a profound positive impact on customer experience and outcomes.
The Resource Manager will support our team by matching the right talent with the right project at the right time. They will help us maximize our available capacity while avoiding employee burnout. They will work closely with Professional Services leadership, helping them assess staffing needs based on each projects requirements, and let them know who on the team is available to work. Additionally, the Resource Manager will work closely with the Sales team and newly signed customers to ensure a smooth transition to the Professional Services team once assigned and introduced.
The Manager will manage and continuously improve resource management processes and functions and will use in-depth experience and expertise of personnel and project management to support the Professional Services Sales and Delivery Practice teams.
WHAT YOU'LL WORK ON
- Partnering with Professional Services leadership to allocate Professional Services staff and partners to signed projects and to develop resourcing plans for projects in the sales pipeline;
- Working with Professional Services leadership to review and design work packages and resourcing plans to deliver against project deliverables while leveraging the best available staffing from internal regional resources and third party partners;
- Working with Sales management and deal desk to understand, triage, and assign pre-sale scientific and technical scoping/pricing requests;
- Compiling and analyzing resource management reports (available resources, current resource allocations, resource needs due to changing project needs, etc.) for delivery to Customer Experience leadership;
- Partnering with Team Leads to identify team members with current or near-term availability to pair with open project assignments that align with their skills and staffing preference;
- Maintaining up-to-date profiles of skills, knowledge, and competencies for practice resources;
- Managing the availability of resources by collaborating with team members to maintain up-to-date assignment information;
- Ensuring ongoing compliance to accurate reporting of utilization metrics;
- Tracking utilization metrics and developing best-practice frameworks to successfully source projects in a fractional staffing model;
- Conducting regular reviews with global Professional Services leaders to plan assignments, review bookings, work through conflicts, and identify opportunities staff;
- Preparing regular Supply/Demand analysis for CX leaders & CX Training/Enablement team;
- Leveraging and improve existing tools and platforms to manage capacity, assignment, and other data central to a well-run resourcing operation;
- Defining and coordinate the introduction and implementation of new Operations/Resource Management tools, infrastructure, and processes as needed;
- Conducting research to identify alternate staffing solutions and/or alternate processes for improvement of operations and employee experience.
- 3 years Professional Services Resource Management / Professional Services Operations experience
- BA/BS required
- 5+ years overall commercial/operations experience;
- Experience managing, educating, developing and consulting with internal clients & stakeholders
- Excellent client-facing skills
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively across functions in high-pressure, high-growth environments
- Demonstrated expertise working with Salesforce, Financial Force (or similar PSA), Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets & other current technologies/applications (slack integrations, etc)
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Quarterly mental health days
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Yearly educational stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- To support remote work conditions, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.