Professional Services Engineer Cloud File Storage Migrations
Technical Services Engineers lead customer data migration projects to Nasunis Cloud File Services. You will use your IT Architecture, Planning, and Project Management skills for multi-purpose storage system migrations and integrations.
Technical Services Engineers enable Nasuni customer data migrations using Active Directory, CIFS Protocols, PowerShell, Mixed Protocol Volumes, and Cloud Technologies. You will improve how Nasuni clients manage and control their data with a cloud strategy. We deliver data migration services remotely and on customer premise.
This is a remote role.
As a Professional Services Engineer, you will...
- Scope level of effort and configuration for deploying Nasuni in the clients environment.
- Analyze client business processes of storing and managing data.
- Architect, plan, and present a solution with the customers.
- Implement and configure systems to match clients business process and outcomes.
- Develop and implement a migration plan to move data from existing storage location to Nasuni.
- Generate automation scripts using PowerShell for data analysis and migration
- Perform data migration, as needed, via Robocopy and other industry migration tools
- Perform production readiness testing prior to data cutover
- Manage existing clients. Identify new use cases for Nasuni.
- Document process optimization and work with Technical Support
- Provide onsite PS support on production customer when required.
- Educate and mentor partners on Nasuni implementations.
Required skills + experience we look for are
- 5+ years of architecting/consulting implementation and data migration experience in a customer facing, professional services role
- Data storage, backup and/or archiving expertise.
- Able and willing to travel 15%-20% on average.
- Technical expertise in:
- NTFS & POSIX Permissions
- Active Directory/LDAP Administration
- File Migrations (Robocopy, rsync, etc.)
- Networking topology and protocols
- NFS, CIFS, and other Storage Protocols
- Windows Server
- DFS Namespace
- Storage Technologies (NetApp, EMC, IBM, etc.)
- Cloud storage experience Azure/AWS/GCP
Nasuni delivers a single software platform to store, protect, synchronize, and collaborate on unstructured file data at scale. Nasuni Cloud File Services, powered by the patented UniFS global file system, leverages cloud storage to modernize primary NAS and file server storage; file archiving; backup; and disaster recovery, while offering transformational new capabilities for multi-site file collaboration. By combining the low cost, unlimited capacity, and durability of private or public cloud object storage with the high performance, security, and broad application compatibility of traditional disk-based file storage, the Nasuni subscription service improves workforce productivity, simplifies IT operations, and reduces IT costs. Nasuni operates globally from its worldwide headquarters in Boston, Mass., USA.
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.