Why We Exist and What We Do
EditShare exists to simplify storytelling. We enable media professionals to collaborate on projects thanks to our ever-expanding range of innovative products and features, all designed to improve production and unleash creativity. Integration and collaboration are central to all products in our comprehensive range of media management solutions - from ingest to archive.
Why We Need You
EditShare is built with openness at its core and this approach continues to support innovative integration with a wide range of applications and services including Adobe Premiere Pro, DaVinci Resolve, Zoom, AI technologies, Sports Statistics, and Social platforms.
In this role you will build up our Professional Services Custom Development capabilities – Scoping and developing custom professional services projects for customers, integrating between third party systems and the EditShare suite of products, both on-premise and in the cloud.
You will drive the expansion of functionality and interoperability between the EditShare product suite and third-party products using APIs, scripting language, and microservices. Building up an understanding of the EditShare FLOW and EFS APIs, how they can be utilized to enhance customer workflows and integrating them efficiently with complementary products and services, you will bind together system solutions tailored for our customers and differentiating EditShare professional Services from our competitors.
If you love working on a wide variety of technologies, building system solutions with a small team of motivated engineers, then this may be the job for you.
Problems You’ll Solve
Within the first 30 days,
- onboard and understand the EditShare core product suite and API’s.
- understand EditShare platform and best practices
- Install and administer EditShare products in a combination of physical and virtual environments
- Reproduce issues reported by customers
- Start writing tools that utilize EditShare API’s and CLIs for the purposes of characterizing and interfacing with upstream and downstream systems
Within the first 3-6 months,
- work with professional services team on customer projects
- build-up experience of AWS cloud integration
- Within the first 9 months, expand integration expertise across cloud technologies
- Within the first 12 months, drive professional services revenue through custom engineering services to customers
What We’re Looking For
- Great analytical and communication skills to enable requirements gathering, analysis, and proposal of workflows to customers.
- Linux—our primary platform
- Experience using RESTful API’s; JSON and XML data encapsulation
- Experience in either Google or Amazon Clouds
- Scripting experience: Python, BASH, PowerShell
- Monitoring/Metrics solutions: Cloudwatch and ELK
- Experience with open-source video tools such as ffmpeg, gstreamer, and VLC
- Relational DB: mysql (or similar)
- Web Authentication protocols and architectures
Nice to have but not required:
- Experience with modular software development and distribution
- Experience with Git (Particularly GitHub)
How We Work
At EditShare, our culture is driven by a shared respect for our customers, our people, and our products. We are passionate about our Core Values and believe they empower us to innovate and solve complex problems. We expect all employees to own culture and live by the values.
- Customer Empathy: We listen first. We believe this allows us to understand the context of the story and respond rapidly with innovative solutions.
- Humility: We recognize that we are stronger as the sum of our parts and respect the value of each individual contribution. We have the courage to do the hard work and learn along the way.
- Dig Deep: We have the curiosity to ask questions until we understand and the integrity to follow through on hard discussions.
- All Around Players: We are all willing and able to step in and play any position. We all own the problem and are willing to quarterback a solution.
- Win Together: We are happy when our customers and our teams succeed. We practice honest communication and respectfully work together to solve complex problems.
EditShare is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.