Product Support Engineer
At Turbonomic, we are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. We will honor your experiences, perspectives, and exceptional identity. We believe that uniqueness enriches all of us by showing us a range of ways to understand and engage with the world.
Who We Are:
At Turbonomic, an IBM company, we work to deliver best-in-class software so that our customers can assure application performance, eliminating error messages, spinning wheels and business disruptions. Turbonomics Application Resource Management (ARM) platform continuously assures that applications get precisely the right resources needed to perform, while maintaining policy compliance and eliminating overspending. Our Network Performance Management (NPM) technology provides modern monitoring and analytics solutions that organizations need to monitor their network infrastructure, and simplifies the extraction and enrichment of metric, flow, and streaming telemetry data across multi-vendor networks enabling enterprises, carriers, and managed service providers to ensure optimal network operations and performance.
Turbonomic is well-positioned to build the future of AI-driven hybrid cloud. Turbonomic was recently named to the Inc. 5000 List of fastest growing private companies for the sixth time, and the Forbes Cloud 100 for the fourth time. We have also been named to Fast Companys Best Workplaces for Innovators List, a testament to our people, culture, and technology. To scale our growth, we have locked in partnerships with technology giants like Cisco, Microsoft, AWS, and DXC.
Whats In It For You:
- Provides accurate and efficient support to SevOne customers with software and operating systems by researching and identifying applicable solutions.
- Provides timely and clear communication to customers
- Confirms and reports defects to development team once applicable analysis has been completed with customer
- Develops and writes technical documentation for the SevOne Solutions Knowledge Base
- Support all components and process of the SevOne software
- Support new and existing client software installations over the phone as well as via WebEx (desktop sharing) within established SLA's and SLO's
- Responsible for addressing customer issues and seeking resolution and overall customer satisfaction.
- Applying OS, DB, hardware and product updates to customers
- Perform other duties as required or directed.
What You'll be Doing:
- Responsible for working collaboratively and individually to solve customer issues in a fast paced, ever changing and complex environment.
- Directly responsible for providing timely responses to customers, supporting all components and processes of SevOne new and existing software.
- Complexity of customer issues advance at this level as well as moderate guidance is provided in performing tasks. May be assigned to specific client or client group.
What Will You Bring:
Education: Bachelors or equivalent experience
- 3 years overall technical support with experience in the following areas:
- Proficient with Linux OS (file and process management)
- BASH shell scripting
- SQL queries (mainly select and joint syntax)
- Excellent communication skills and strong desire to work with customers (namely network engineers, network managers and server administrators)
- Exhibit good logical and analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing, growth-oriented environment
- Exhibit and deliver consistent detailed work product results and possess ability to independently see a project through to completion
- Able to communicate technical information clearly and precisely to customers of varying technical knowledge levels
- Exhibit initiative with new technical challenges as well as new technologies
Physical Demands -The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
Prolonged computer use (viewing a computer screen)
Ability to deal with various customer levels
Position may require shift work or extended long hours to resolve customer issues
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%
The individual in this positions primary function is to communicate with customers who have inquiries or support issues.
Individuals must be able to accurately exchange information and utilize telephone, computer, etc. to resolve issues.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage health is a #1 priority for us, weve got you covered.
- Pre-tax benefits medical, dependent care, commuter, 401k.
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Access to executives learn and collaborate with leaders.
- Career advancement jump in, learn, grow and shape your career
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
- Employee Resource Groups POCIT, DevelopHer, Parents at Turbo, Book Club
- Wellness Initiatives - are you competitive? Youll love the step competition with great prizes! Cooking more your speed? We have web cooking classes! Great wellness initiative running year round
- Wellness Platform that offers allocation of points for different wellness benefits of your choice from the platform
Our Company Culture:
Our company culture enables a workplace that values trust, transparency, and performance. This is emulated through our employees, who approach each day with a sense of fearlessness, collaboration, and curiosity. If that sounds like something youd like to be part of, wed love to hear from you. To learn more about our company culture, check out our careers page, blog, or connect with Turbonomic via LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) efforts are a strategic imperative in driving the future of our business. DEI is directly linked to our ability to innovate and collaborate effectively to bring the best products to market. We welcome and embrace diverse thoughts, experiences, and ideas. Having a diverse and inclusive culture is fundamental to who we are, and we know it has a positive effect on our success. We have committed to two Parity Pledges: One for Women in Leadership Positions; and one in Support of People of Color.
We measure our work culture regularly to ensure that Turbonomic is a place where all our employees are respected and valued for who they are. DEI is not a special initiative, but a central element of our strategy.
Across the Turbonomic enterprise we encourage you to bring your uniqueness. Whether it is through our Community Outreach program, joining an Employee Resource Group, or participating in our Sustainability initiatives, if you have a passion for pushing the limit and are eager to make a difference, Turbo is the place for you.
We encourage you to apply even if you dont check every single one of the boxes listed above!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
By submitting your application and information to Turbonomic an IBM Company you acknowledge and agree that your information can be used and made available to our subsidiaries and affiliates, and that you may be interviewed by, or ultimately offered employment by, any of IBM's subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide.