Please note that roles listed as remote are available for remote within the countries advertised.
Snyk is looking for a Senior Product Security Engineer with experience in the areas of application security, cloud native services and developing reusable security libraries. We are building out a world class Product Security function within Snyks global Information Security & Risk team to support the companys rapid growth.
You will have a unique opportunity to help build and shape the technical capabilities and the overall product security programme from an early stage. This role will report into the Application Security Lead.
You'll spend your time:
- Building innovative solutions that extend Snyks capabilities
- Working with architecture, product and engineering teams ensuring security is at the heart of what we do
- Collaborating with your peers to define software/infrastructure guardrails and security abstractions
- Engineering solutions that enable teams to self-serve on meaningful security metrics leading to faster, safer code in production environments
- Performing threat models and code reviews for products and services
- Building out a best-in-breed application security pipeline for real time event monitoring and response
You should apply if you have:
- 3+ years of experience working in security teams
- The ability to articulate security as a business enabler
- 2-3 years of experience writing battle tested production-level code
- Strong understanding of cloud native ecosystems (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Experience writing solid test cases and documentation
- Experience doing content development for secure coding standards
- Ability to work independently in a remote setting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
We'd especially love to hear from you if you have:
- 5+ years of experience working in product security/ application security
- 5+ years of experience working in securing cloud platforms
- Practical knowledge of common threats and exposures to web apps and services
- Strong interest and experience in offensive security techniques
- Experience working with architecture teams establishing common good practices
- Information security certifications (OSCP, OSCE, AWAE, CKS, SANS)
- Experience with either Golang, Python, Scala, Rust, TypeScript
- Familiarity with data analysis / data science techniques
- Bachelors degree in computer science, information security, or Information Technology
We value diversity at Snyk, and would particularly encourage applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you're the right person, please apply anyway!
We're on a mission to make the world a safer place with more secure software.
We're living in a world of digital transformation that is turning ever more industries into a software-development industry. Cyber security is taking centre stage for many companies, and demand for Snyk's product is sky-rocketing!
Snyk has already been adopted by over 2.2M developers, including multiple leading enterprise customers such as Google, Salesforce and Intuit, who are using Snyk to find and fix vulnerabilities in their open source libraries and container images, empowering them to develop secure software, faster.
In March of 2021, we raised $300M in Series E funding at a $4.7 billion company valuation, just after securing an additional $200M in Series D funding in September 2020, and successfully closing two strategic acquisitions. On top of that, we doubled the size of our global team, and we're not stopping there!
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we're building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren't security experts to stay secure. Join us!