Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want a product portfolio owner who wants to take on the complexities of cloud monetization and developer experience to create simple, lovable experiences for our users.
We are looking for a passionate, results oriented, and motivated self-starter to lead the Product focused portion of the IT Portfolio team. In the Agile world, this is the Product Owner role, and requires the coordination of IT and Engineering development necessary for product execution. Reporting to the Sr Director of IT, the Product Owner will build end-to-end monetization experiences for new and existing products as well as our marketplace of partner offerings. You will facilitate a matrixed cross-functional team including Product Design & Engineering, Finance, Security, Marketing and customer success to develop new products and capabilities for DigitalOcean.
This role is a great opportunity for those who want to have a real impact, both within the company and in the developer community at large, and support the launch of products that are used and loved by hundreds of thousands of developers worldwide.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Develop the product experience strategy and vision and translate it into creative, high quality, simple experiences for both customers and internal stakeholders.
- Help gather and define requirements for pricing, billing, and financial compliance/controls across the full suite of DigitalOcean products and features.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure requirements and user stories drive an amazing customer experience while meeting our business needs.
- Develop business cases and model unit economics for new products and features.
- Act as Product Owner in the development process, creating epics and user stories, and prioritizing and grooming the product backlog, as well as supporting sprint planning.
- Facilitate the development of Developer Tools, APIs and UX product strategies and vision and translate them into creative, high quality, simple features.
- Drive a high-performance culture within your team that iterates frequently and learns continuously without sacrificing product quality.
What Youll Add to DigitalOcean:
- Ability to collaborate and lead a matrixed cross-functional Product Development team
- Hands-on, proven business experience and domain knowledge in pricing, billing, and compliance/controls ideally for a set of complex products and services.
- Ability to analyze data and articulate user hypotheses in terms of objective measures, and project the impact of billing and pricing changes.
- An understanding of the challenges that developers face when selecting an infrastructure platform, and a vision for how great products and clear pricing can help.
- A track record of success building and managing a portfolio of developer-focused products, such as SDKs, tools, APIs, CLIs or platforms.
- Technical knowledge to collaborate with engineering teams on a highly technical product and advocate for a customer base made up of professional developers and administrators.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to drive productive meetings, create effective and useful product documents.
- Working knowledge of technologies such as Kubernetes, Containers, and distributed systems are a plus.
- Demonstrable empathy for customers and stakeholders.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here