Tamr is the enterprise data mastering company trusted by large enterprises like Blackstone, the US Air Force, Toyota, and GSK. The companys patented software platform uses machine learning supplemented with human feedback to master and prepare data across myriad silos to deliver previously unavailable business-changing insights. With a co-founding team led by Andy Palmer (founding CEO of Vertica) and Mike Stonebraker (Turing Award winner) and backed by top-tier investors such as NEA and GV, Tamr is transforming how companies get value from their data.
As a Product Owner, you will be working closely with the engineering, design and product management teams at Tamr. You will provide input to the roadmap to PM and collaborate with design and engineering to ensure swift execution of the roadmap. As a data company, we believe in making data-driven decisions, but we recognize that sometimes its also important to listen to your instincts.
You will be responsible for writing user stories, managing sprints, and communicating timelines internally to the teams. In addition, you will work with the documentation team to make sure detailed, clear documentation is produced for your teams work. You will have a major impact on our product and are expected to be opinionated, decisive, and have good product sense.
Were looking for someone with previous product owner experience who works well on a team. Most importantly we want you to be excited about the value of the data we work with and the insights that we can provide as well as a role where you can be a key contributor to a fast-growing startup.
Challenges that make the job interesting:
- The problem were addressing is hard and requires a novel approach/product
- Enterprise data is messy, but has huge potential. In very short periods of time weve been able to provide meaningful insight and save our customers hundreds of millions of dollars
- Every customer is different - while there are similar use-cases that we see repeatedly, every account presents new challenges and we need a product that can adapt quickly to each new situation
- Technical background preferred
- Experience working within an agile software development organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills, within the company and with customers
- 1 to 5 years of industry experience. Including experience in a product owner or product manager role; or experience in a sales engineering, solution architecture, quality engineering, or customer-facing technical role
- Experience in enterprise software, preferably in data management software
This position is available in Cambridge, MA.
Tamr does sponsor employees requiring a visa. Tamr provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.