Do you like solving problems, tidying up processes, facilitating communication and helping people work more optimally as a team? KAYAK is looking for a product-minded, organized and creative individual to join as our first Product Operations Manager. This is an outstanding opportunity to build a new function and have an impact on how KAYAK's Product Team builds and executes against our product vision and strategy.
You will report to the SVP of Product and support the team by improving how we use data, streamlining our product processes and facilitating regular updates with our partners and colleagues, so they understand how our work moves the business forward. You understand consumer behavior, have a strong operational background and enjoy working with people across the organization to identify new opportunities and build product experiences that people love.
- Help KAYAK be your smartest travel partner by working with Product Managers to streamline everyday processes and tools
- Define the ways in which we can operationalize our product strategy, accounting for product development workflows, A/B experimentation, discovery, user research, and post-mortem findings and decision making, as well as the tools we use to lead these stages
- Maintain and scale the team Wiki, including team set-up, workflow documentation, user research and discovery, etc.
- Establish a cadence and framework for communicating progress and impact, soliciting feedback cross functionally, and aligning with senior leadership, many of whom are located in different offices and time zones
- Establish consistent product health metrics and dashboards in collaboration with our Data Science and Analytics teams and partner with these teams to augment our tooling and access
- Surface key insights from the business, including key trends in the travel and e-commerce landscapes, and advocate for the opportunities our data, user research, reviews, and A/B experiment results might reveal
- Strengthen the feedback loop with customer support to ensure that the Product team is solving key issues in a timely manner
- Collaborate with Engineering leadership to facilitate iterative work on existing features, including coordination of feature clean-up and detailing A/B experiment results
- Lay the groundwork for a new Product Operations function as a founding member of the team
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You have a strong operational background paired with a consumer mindset
- You have specific experience supporting product and engineering teams and collaborating with partners to improve processes and tools
- You're proficient in numbers and passionate about data. Specific experience defining and maintaining product metrics and dashboards, as well as proficiency in SQL, are preferred.
- You collaborate well with team members from all levels of the business, across time zones
- You understand how to align product opportunities and collaborate with the team to achieve business goals
- You are able to clearly and succinctly present information, considering the content and medium that will be most effective to your audience
- You love to get into the weeds and pay close attention to the details
- You thrive amidst bold and fast-paced environments, can wear many hats and are willing to pitch in wherever needed
- You are a regular traveler and know first-hand the challenges our users encounter
- BS/BA required, technical background strongly preferred, MBA or similar experience a plus
KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the worlds leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their flawless flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. Were also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of meta-search brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, were able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
Benefits and Perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation (plus a day off on your birthday)
- Flexible hours and ability to work from home 1 or 2 days per week
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans with flexible spending accounts
- Headspace subscription
- No meetings, and no meeting Fridays
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly catered lunches
- Free massages from a professional massage therapist*
- Regular team events/excursions
- Universal paid parental leave
Diversity and Inclusion at KAYAK/OpenTable
We seek to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our partners. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
KAYAK is open to remote candidates for this position.