Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
We are looking for a customer-focused Product Marketing Manager to execute Benchlings go-to-market program.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Help execute Benchlings go-to-market strategy and drive Benchlings executive voice programs
- Create compelling thought leadership content that drives Benchlings perspective and proactively positions us in the minds of the customer
- Partner with sales operations to build a world-class sales enablement process that proactively positions our sales organization for success
- Support sales opportunities through content development and competitive positioning
- Help operate and grow the Benchling executive briefing center initiative
- Field ad hoc content and deal assistance requests from the sales team
- Collaborate with demand generation and communications on various marketing programs including events, webinars, and PR
- 3+ years professional experience, ideally in product marketing roles within SaaS-focused B2B enterprise software, technology, or consulting companies
- At least a portion of that experience working within the biopharma industry, ideally aligned with the Research and Development function
- Outstanding ability to convey value proposition and insights drawing from prior industry experience and acquired familiarity with Benchling products and use cases
- Polished presenter with executive presence, can serve as trusted advisor to highly technical audience (research scientists, managers, executives)
- Team-first and collaborator mindset
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with a confident yet humble personality
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and wear multiple hats
- If doing repetitive work in a highly structured, process-defined environment excites you, this is not the right role for you
- Experience in a B2B sales environment and interacting with customer teams preferred
- Willingness and enthusiasm to work directly with our customers across the world (domestic travel up to 30%, international travel up to 10%, when safe and acceptable to do so)
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Yearly educational stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.