Office Tour Photos
The Product Marketing Manager at BitSight is responsible for the marketing of the BitSight Security Ratings platform and solutions. The Senior Product Marketing Manager defines the direction we take in our platform / solution capabilities, helps develop core messaging & positioning, writes content that supports the marketing plan, and generally ensures all marketing adheres to core messaging.
Product Marketing Managers must thoroughly familiarize themselves with the companys solutions, as well as work closely with design and development teams to understand the intent, value, and usage of the product. The Product Marketing Manager should leverage market research data at their disposal, or gather it as needed. Using these tools, the Product Marketing Manager then helps drive the direction we take in our platform capabilities, contributes to a marketing plan that involves media to be used to present the product, as well as approaches and sales initiatives to keep individuals working to sell it on message. The Product Marketing Manager also studies market data as it becomes available and adjusts existing plans and/or designs new approaches. This involves work with the digital marketing team to update messaging as needed as well as assess the best outlets in which to reach the product's target buyers.
- Work with product management to jointly define the vision and direction we take with new product features and capabilities.
- Own and drive content strategy based on what is most effective in certain channels and for target audience(s) - work with the digital marketing team to assess needs and gaps; review existing content and update or decommission; create impactful new content including white papers, interactive product demos, data sheets, videos, analyst assets, third party assets, etc. as needed; work with content marketing and product marketing to update/create content.
- Create customer-facing tools for Sales including presentations, email templates for prospecting campaigns, and technical briefs to accelerate the sales cycle.
- Communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop sales tools that support the selling process of our products.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in the market.
- Conduct market research to determine new use cases and target markets.
- Support the overall marketing teams lead generation campaigns and marketing messages.
- Drive product launches from conception to post-launch support.
- Lead cross-functional teams to successful outcomes.
- Deliver product demonstrations as needed. Coach/help the SE team on how to position demos.
- Measure and manage impact of marketing activities on the customer lifecycle, bookings and revenue.
- Conduct inquiries/briefings with the analyst community.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or engineering; MBA preferred.
- 5 - 7 years of enterprise marketing experience; strong preference to SaaS experience.
- Demonstrated experience and proven track record working with highly technical and B2B focused products and solutions
- Ability to work effectively and collaborate with internal cross-functional teams and external customers to drive results.
- Data-driven marketing approach, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into business benefits
- Proven experience influencing product vision and roadmap
- Strong analytical skills, an attention to detail, and an overall can-do attitude
- Experience with Google docs, Microsoft Office suite, Adobe InDesign & Illustrator, as well as other tools for analysis and creative layout.
- Excellent business communication writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Subject matter expertise in vendor risk management a plus.
- Strong customer focus and business orientation, with ability to engage senior executives through professional communications.