Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take, to the crops we grow, the materials we wear, and the household goods that we rely on every day. But moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
Benchlings mission is to unlock the power of biotechnology. The worlds most innovative biotech companies use Benchlings R&D Cloud to power the development of breakthrough products and accelerate time to milestone and market.
Come help us bring modern software to modern science.
Benchling is seeking a seasoned Product Marketing Leader to help build out our product positioning, launch motions and overall product promotion. Reporting to the Head of Product Marketing, this person will help us scale our product launch playbook at Benchling. They will lead their team in establishing best practices and elevating the quality and impact of work we deliver. They will lead cross-functionally in developing alignment on goals, strategies and plans to create highly effective and measurable GTM plans around product promotion. This is a strategic, high visibility role for someone who is passionate about product marketing and ready to dig in on building and strengthening the foundations of our product marketing strategy.
The ideal candidate will have deep experience in B2B, SaaS environments. Background in life sciences or R&D in other key verticals (e.g., agriculture, consumer packaged goods, industrial goods) is beneficial.
- Work closely with leaders across marketing, product, pre-sales, sales and post-sales to create alignment and clarity with regards to product objectives and strategies
- Establish cross-functional working model across internal teams to develop annual / quarterly launch plans and measure performance
- Conduct and synthesize internal and external research and discovery around customer segments, market trends, and use cases
- Lead your team in the creation and development of compelling messaging and content for key audiences
- Support the creation of reusable assets to help scale the team's reach across the greater organization
- Enable GTM teams across sales and marketing to effectively target and engage audiences around the Benchling product value proposition
- Provide executive level updates on the performance of our launches and product GTM in terms of net new growth and expansion
- Provide thought leadership, enablement, and consultative partnering with sales, marketing, customer experience, and product teams
- BA or equivalent undergraduate degree, MBA preferred
- 7+ years experience in product / solution / industry marketing roles
- Strong exec presence and the ability to quickly establish credibility and trust with senior business leaders as well as internal stakeholders
- Dynamic, empathetic and flexible in communication and work styles depending on context and in multi-cultural teams and engagements
- Outstanding ability to convey value proposition and insights drawing from multiple sources of information and acquired familiarity with Benchling products and use cases
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously
- Self-starter with the ability to navigate a complex organization to drive projects from idea to execution fast
- Highly organized and energetic leader with a passion for developing people
- Ability to operate in a fast-moving, fast-growing, ever-changing environment
- Willingness and enthusiasm to work directly with our customers
Benchling welcomes everyone.
We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. That means we dont discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Our leadership principles guide how all Benchlings can lead by example:
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause undue hardship.