This position reports to our global HQ in Cambridge, MA and is fully remote within the US. Travel is expected when needed and local candidates are preferred.
Who we are:
TriNetX was founded on the idea that incorporating real-world data results in better clinical trial design, improves the site selection and patient recruitment process and generates real-world evidence (RWE) to advance the collective understanding of human health. TriNetX collaborates with the majority of industry leaders, including 13 of the top 15 pharmaceutical companies, and is powered by an impressive network of 170 healthcare organizations across 30 countries.
As a result of its reach and rapidly expanding network, TriNetX has become the market leader in protocol design, feasibility, and site selection. Researchers have leveraged the TriNetX network to analyze over 39,000 protocols, presented over 10,000 clinical trial opportunities to its healthcare members, and reduced site identification time in clinical trials by 50%.
Currently, TriNetX healthcare organization members contribute access to a patient population of 400 million, representing over 40 billion clinical observations. With headquarters in Cambridge, Massachusetts, TriNetX is one of the fastest-growing, privately held companies in the area’s life sciences corridor.
What challenges we work on:
TriNetX is the global health research network that optimizes clinical research and enables discoveries through the creation of real-world evidence. TriNetX combines real-time access to longitudinal clinical data with state-of-the-art analytics to answer complex research questions at the speed of thought. Each member of our community shares in the consolidated value of our global, federated health research network that connects clinical researchers to the patient populations which they are attempting to study.
Who we are looking for:
As a Product Manager, you will help bring to market new product capabilities for TriNetX. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your user and market research. You must possess a unique blend of business savvy, attention to detail, and familiarity with clinical research.
A successful Product Manager at TriNetX:
- Focuses on the customer to understand their underlying needs;
- Owns the quality of the features they work on and takes pride in their work;
- Uses good judgment and anticipates the consequences of their decisions;
- Is curious and quickly learns new topics;
- Collaborates effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives;
- Holds themselves and others to high standards; and
- Keeps pace with our fast-moving organization.
What you will be doing:
- Conduct user and market research to understand problems and scope solutions that bring value to our customers
- Define product requirements in collaboration with design and engineering
- Communicate requirements to engineering teams via stories, acceptance criteria, and grooming sessions; provide clarification on requirements as needed
- Manage product backlog to prioritize feature development and bug resolution
- Collaborate with scrum teams to groom product backlog and plan development sprints and releases
- Review features prior to release to ensure they bring value to our customers
- Present features and coordinate releases with internal stakeholders to support TriNetX in selling and supporting our product
- Solicit feedback from customers and internal stakeholders to identify opportunities for improving and expanding TriNetX product offerings
- Contribute to quarterly roadmap updates
What you bring to TriNetX:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, business, life sciences, math, statistics or a related discipline
- Experience in a Product Management Organization
- Experience working in the oncology space
- At least 3 years of experience as a software product manager
- 2+ years of experience with agile development and scrum processes
- Strong communication skills in both speech and writing; able to precisely communicate complex ideas to technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent people skills to interact with internal teams, customers, and other stakeholders
- Ability to motivate cross-functional teams and champion product changes
- Attention to detail; capable of analyzing problems at a detailed level without losing sight of the big picture
- Comfortable reviewing academic literature for life sciences, clinical research, and epidemiology
- Experience with healthcare data, healthcare IT, or clinical research
- Experience performing data analysis or managing the development of analytic tools