Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take, to the crops we grow, the materials we wear, and the household goods that we rely on every day. But moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
Benchlings mission is to unlock the power of biotechnology. The worlds most innovative biotech companies use Benchlings R&D Cloud to power the development of breakthrough products and accelerate time to milestone and market.
Come help us bring modern software to modern science.
Were looking for a Product Manager to own the strategy and development of Machine Learning (ML) at Benchling. We recently launched our first product built using ML with our AlphaFold beta integration and plan to expand our ML powered products to help scientists get to milestone and market faster. In this role, youll partner across the product suite to identify opportunities for ML to solve critical internal and external customer needs - including scientific, operational, and user experience point points. Youll use both data, customer insights, and solid product instincts to relentlessly prioritize these opportunities and work with Design and Engineering to bring the best ideas to life.
- Partner with Strategy, Design, and Engineering to set the vision for Machine Learning at Benchling.
- Obsess over our customers, constantly refining your understanding of their needs, how we can make them more productive, and where Machine Learning can bring them value.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Benchling product, including its strengths and weaknesses, that is informed by Benchlings capabilities and our customers core jobs to be done.
- Partner with all product teams at Benchling to identify where Machine Learning can add value and enable those teams to build ML based solutions.
- Identify ways that Machine Learning can help our customers get to milestone and market faster and prioritize those solutions in a 12 month product roadmap.
HOW YOU WILL SUCCEED
- You will create strong, collaborative relationships across the business that are built fundamentally on trust and communication, which will enable you to move extremely quickly while maintaining alignment. This will be true not only across Engineering, Product, and Design, but also with our go-to-market teams across Sales, Marketing, Customer Experience, and more.
- Beyond practicing empathy with our customers, you will rigorously fill in gaps of your own subject matter expertise to intimately understand their needs within fast-changing and technical complex fields of biotechnology and chemistry.
- You will measure impact by defining success metrics, tracking progress, and adapting your plans based on insights from that data.
- You will have a drive to question assumptions and validate hypotheses, obsessing over getting the product details right while still knowing how to ship on time.
- Youve successfully built and managed enterprise software products, incorporating machine learning to solve complex customer challenges.
- You have 5+ years as a product manager
- You thrive in the challenge of distilling clarity and focus from ambiguity and complexity, and are a strong problem solver that can gather, prioritize, and drive execution on customer and business requirements, turning them into successful product strategies.
- You possess influential leadership and interpersonal skills that enable you to build strong relationships with customers, company peers, and leadership.
- You have a growth mindset, and are able to change your mind and readily admit mistakes. You ask for and give direct feedback.
- You are excellent at listening to others and articulating ideas in written and oral form, both for internal and external communication.
- Ideally, you have experience with both life sciences R&D (or a strong interest to learn) and high growth software technology companies.
Benchling welcomes everyone.
We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. That means we dont discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Our leadership principles guide how all Benchlings can lead by example:
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause undue hardship.
If you are a Colorado resident: Please contact us by emailing [email protected] to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email.