KAYAK is looking for a Product Manager to join our new KAYAK Hotels team and global product organization. We recently opened our first KAYAK-branded hotel in Miami Beach, and are rapidly growing by opening more hotels and launching innovative features for guests on the KAYAK mobile app. As a PM, you will help deliver products that transform guest experiences while building new value for hotel owners and operators. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about solving problems, building outstanding user experiences, and helping people experience the world through travel!
This role can be based in our Cambridge Office and will report to the Senior Product Manager, KAYAK Hotels in Cambridge, MA.
- Help KAYAK deliver stellar experiences and tools for hotel guests and build value for hotel owners by understanding user needs and identifying product opportunities
- Work closely with design, engineering, hotel operations, and other partners to conceptualize, design, and implement features that elegantly solve our users problems
- Document feature specifications across multiple platforms, locales, and languages
- Measure the success of product changes and pursue relevant metrics and opportunities our data, user research, and A/B experiment results might reveal
- Work with customer support and UX to collect feedback from and respond to users
- Monitor the competitive landscape and stay informed about the travel and hospitality industry and hospitality technology, as well as KAYAK Hotels strategy, product, users, and data
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You have strong UX instincts, a mobile-first approach, and a background in either B2C mobile app or B2B SaaS products
- You have specific experience supporting product strategy, advocating for users' needs and working towards solutions
- You're proficient in numbers and passionate about data
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and are confident in your ability to write clear and well-thought-out product requirements
- You are excited by the opportunity to collaborate with team members from all levels of our global organization
- You understand how to align product opportunities with business goals and support that with thoughtful decisions
- You are a regular traveler and know first-hand the challenges our guests encounter
- At least 2 years of experience in a product management, engineering, or UX role at a technology company
- BS/BA in a technical or business subject area
KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the worlds leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their flawless flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. Were also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of meta-search brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, were able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
Benefits and Perks:
- Have a major impact on the future direction of our mobile products
- 4 weeks paid vacation (plus a day off on your birthday)
- Flexible hours and ability to work from home 1 or 2 days per week
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans with flexible spending accounts
- Headspace subscription
- No stupid meetings, and no meeting Fridays
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly catered lunches
- Free massages from a professional massage therapist*
- Regular team events/excursions
- Universal paid parental leave
Diversity and Inclusion at KAYAK/OpenTable
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
* Currently paused due to COVID
KAYAK is open to remote candidates for this position.