As the Product Manager – Interoperability, you’ll shape the direction of our Interoperability solutions in the healthcare payer and provider spaces. Working directly with customers, agile engineering teams, and other internal functions, you’ll help specify business requirements and act as an expert product owner in the development and delivery of this solution. This is an opportunity to make a significant impact on Burgess’ growth. We’re looking for a passionate, clear-thinking, product manager who wants to contribute their product management skills into a new product while learning a new domain.
What you will do:
- Provide Product Ownership oversight and direction to engineering teams to ensure delivery of features related to the Provider market that provide significant customer value.
- Solicit 3rd party vendors for partnership and integration into Burgess Source.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationship with key stake holders at 3rd party vendor.
- Draft vision for 3rd party partnership – communicate why 1+1=3 as it relates to Source + the 3rd party’s solution.
- Partner with internal leadership and 3rd party stakeholders on proposed pricing structure of partnership.
- For broader initiatives within the organization, prioritize and coordinate delivery of multiple product features across multiple engineering teams.
- Understand the business objectives and rationale behind high-level product features; analyze and translate them into story maps that can drive the agile development process.
- Communicate with key stakeholders, including customers, Professional Services, and Cloud Operations to clarify requirements.
- Lead engineering grooming sessions for selected stories, capturing more detailed task breakdowns and estimates.
- Communicate back to the product management team about issues, challenges, and risks related to the engineering process on assigned product features.
- Demonstrate completed product features to both internal and external key stakeholders.
- Lead periodic customer onsite visits.
- Lead sessions at the annual user conference.
- Lead internal training and knowledge transfer for key product features.
- Perform all job functions consistent with HealthEdge’s policies and procedures, including those which govern handling PHI and PII.
What you bring:
- 3+ years of experience as a product manager in a SaaS-based, Agile/Scrum technology company including all related processes (e.g. story mapping, requirements writing, prioritized backlogs, product ownership within a scrum team).
- A proven track record for understanding product management processes (Agile, Scrum, requirements, etc.) and contributing new ideas to enhance products.
- A clear-thinking mindset and the ability to translate ideas, concepts, context, and business or technical rationale into written and/or presentation format for a variety of internal (management) or external (customers) audiences.
- Ability to lead teams and customers through ambiguity.
- Strong interpersonal skills … people like working with you.
- The ability to work across teams and the organization.
- A high Say:Do ratio … you walk your talk.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Business or Healthcare.
- A passion for product management and continued learning.
- Proven business acumen and business domain knowledge in the healthcare industry