The individual in this role will lead the product and product development for the next generation of iRobot Hard Floor cleaning products.
This individual will be expected to:
Develop the vision for this product based on consumer and market understanding as well as his/her intuition as to what the future state will look like in the category and the consumer need. Validate and create a business model and PRD which creates value for the customer, iRobot, and the retailer. Lead the multifunctional technical team to bring the product vision to life. Collaborate with the product marketing team and regional iRobot teams and distributors to commercialize the benefits of the product in a way that results in adoption Evaluate various technical and consumer trade-offs in product choices and be able to make supportable recommendations on how to manage these trade-offs.
To succeed in this role, the individual must be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Leadership The individual should have a demonstrated track record of developing a vision and leading teams to execute against this vision to deliver bankable business results.
- Collaboration The individual must be able to collaborate with peers across functions as well as within product management
- Technical skills and intuition The individual should be able to understand technical concepts and think through them effectively. The individual does NOT need to be an expert in robotics or other related fields; however, he/she must be able to understand technical concepts and simplify them for communication to consumers.
- Marketing and Brand Management The individual should have exposure to marketing and brand management and be able to evaluate effective consumer communication.
- Critical Thinking and Analysis The individual should be able to critically think though abstract concepts and develop supportable hypothesis. He/she should be able to formulate recommendations on based on available data and defend them.
Education and Experience:
- 2+ years of previous product management and/or marketing experience
- Experience in the technology industry is a plus for this candidate.
- Bachelors degree required as a minimum, preferably in a technical field; MBA is a plus but not required