Calling all frequent travelers - KAYAK is looking for a Product Manager to join our Flights team! This is an opportunity for you to have a major impact on the way people find and book travel on KAYAK. Reporting to the Director of Product, you will be responsible for advocating for traveler's needs and crafting a roadmap that delivers smart and tailored experiences that people love. You understand consumer behavior, are numbers proficient, and enjoy working with people across the business to prioritize opportunities and projects.
- Be responsible for the Flights product experience, user journey and roadmap across all platforms, including web, mWeb and mobile apps
- Define and prioritize user problems and needs, accounting for multiple brands, locales and languages
- Craft requirements that facilitate meaningful product improvements, balancing business goals and technical feasibility
- Become a specialist in the Flights space by developing knowledge of our partner inventory, data and accuracy complexities, booking options and how KAYAK can make it easier to search for and book the right flight
- Align team members across the organization around common goals, considering Product, Design, Engineering, Commercial, Marketing, Communications, Customer Support, and the Executive/Leadership team, most of whom are located in different offices and time zones
- Measure and analyze insights from product changes, chasing impact against key metrics and the opportunities our data, user research and A/B experiment results might reveal
- Work with customer support and UX to collect feedback from and respond to users
- Study the competitive landscape and stay informed about both travel and e-commerce spaces, especially within Flights, and the latest capabilities across multiple platforms
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You have a consumer mentality and an e-commerce and B2C mobile background
- You have specific experience supporting product strategy, advocating for users' needs and working towards solutions
- You're proficient in numbers and passionate about how data enables focus
- You collaborate well with team members from all levels of the business, across time zones
- You understand how to align product opportunities with business goals and support that with thoughtful decisions and clear communication
- You are a regular traveler and know first-hand the challenges our users encounter when booking flights
- BS/BA required, technical background strongly preferred, MBA or similar experience a plus
KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the worlds leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. Were also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of meta-search brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, were able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
- 4 weeks paid vacation (plus a day off on your birthday)
- Flexible hours and ability to work from home 1 or 2 days per week
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans with flexible spending accounts
- Headspace subscription
- No stupid meetings, and no meeting Fridays
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly catered lunches
- Free massages from a professional massage therapist*
- Regular team events/excursions
- Universal paid parental leave
Note: To receive estimated salary range information for this role pursuant to Connecticut's "An Act Concerning the Disclosure of Salary Range for a Vacant Position", email [email protected]. You must include the name of the position in your request.
Diversity and Inclusion at KAYAK/OpenTable
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
*currently paused due to COVID
KAYAK is open to remote candidates for this position.