Office Tour Photos
Twitter is seeking a product manager to define and build the future of the backend data platform that powers our developer experience and supporting business systems of the Twitter API. The Twitter API has been used by millions of developers across the world who build everything from “hello world” apps in classroom settings to some of the most-used consumer and business products in the world. As the developer platform grows, we must reimagine the systems, tools, and workflows that deliver a delightful experience for our customers. Your job will be to define, build, and maintain this growth platform to help more developers succeed and enable our teams to better serve them.
Who We Are
You’ll join an established team of product managers and a wider cross-functional team that is responsible for Twitter’s developer platform, including our public Twitter API and our enterprise data licensing business. The team includes engineering, design, user research, developer relations, developer marketing, sales, data science, as well as key partners in policy, legal and comms. You’ll work with senior leaders across Twitter to shape our strategy & products that will catalyze the growth of the Twitter developer platform.
What You’ll Do
You’ll develop a deep understanding of the needs and challenges facing the developer platform sales, marketing, developer relations, and product management teams. You’ll work closely with our Developer Experience product team to determine how roadmaps should align to serve developers using the Twitter API. You’ll apply your experience to define a strategy and roadmap for the growth platform that enables our developer customers to do more with our API. You’ll guide an engineering team to build, integrate, and customize software products as necessary to execute the roadmap you define.
Who You Are
You have a track record of success building and maintaining a growth platform and you understand what it means to deliver value to sales, marketing, product, and data science teams. You have experience working in a growth-focused role on a product serving thousands of customers. You have a strong opinion of what good looks like for the tools required to drive customer acquisition, engagement, and retention; and you know how to work cross-functionally to deliver value. You’re data-driven and passionate about finding the most efficient ways to expose various types of business data for a variety of applications including reporting, systems integration, and optimization. You’re intensely curious, willing to change your mind given new data, and able to change directions quickly if you/the team discovers a better way to serve your customers.
- Research and synthesize the data and insights needs of our sales, marketing, developer relations, data science, policy, and product teams.
- Develop a vision and product roadmap for the growth platform that enables our teams to deliver a best-in-class experience for developers building on the Twitter API
- Define success criteria & metrics for your team’s work, and positively impact those metrics.
- Build an experiment-driven culture that helps our business realize the benefits of improving our approach to customer experience
- Guide decisions on whether or not we build or buy software to meet systems integration across MarTech and CX solutions
- Drive agile execution with an engineering team and advocate for collaboration with design, research, and data science teams as necessary
- Educate and train our sales, marketing, and business operations teams on using products you build
- Inspire your team and contribute to overall team health through retros, trainings, etc.
- 2+ years of experience in a growth or platform product management role
- 2+ years of experience optimizing products that served thousands of customers in a self-serve way
- Proficiency in SQL and experience working with database systems to extract business insights
- Technical familiarity with customer experience, marketing automation, CRM, and reporting software (Salesforce, Eloqua, Tableau, or Google BigQuery/Data Studio preferred)
- A strong point of view on how to drive business decisions through insights/data
- Past success shipping products for sales, marketing, or business operations teams
- Strong sense of what it means to deliver a great customer experience to developers
- Ability to think strategically and craft a compelling product vision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional planning, collaboration and organizational skills
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
More Jobs From