Product Manager, Attribution Data Science
Wayfairs Data Science team builds algorithmic systems that enhance our customer experience, improve customer loyalty, and ultimately drive our bottom line. The Attribution Data Science team at Wayfair is responsible for the modeling which assigns revenue across our entire Marketing organization, as well as partnership with Marketing leadership on the strategic implications from our models.
As a Product Manager for the Attribution Data Science team, you will work closely with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure there is strong alignment between Wayfairs business objectives and attribution solutions. Youll quarterback the roadmap, planning, and delivery of key data science capabilities focused on attributing revenue to our various marketing touchpoints (and beyond). Youll lead the charge by rallying a team of highly skilled data scientists as we build and improve scalable algorithmic systems responsible for underpinning the optimization, efficiency management, and ultimately strategy across our entire Marketing organization.
TLDR; If you are a technology enthusiast and working at the intersection of machine learning, ad-tech/mar-tech, and eCommerce sounds appealing to you, you should consider applying.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for the roadmap, planning, and delivery of Data Science solutions from conception to prototyping, testing, deploying, and measuring its overall business value
- Interface with Marketing, Ad Tech, and other Engineering and Product teams to drive utilization of our core attribution model, Themis
- Lead the ideation, opportunity sizing, planning, and execution of ambitious roadmaps each quarter
- Serve as the single point of contact for your group of data scientists and triage new stakeholders requests and understanding where/how this fits into our longer term roadmap
- Develop and own communication strategy for both technical and business stakeholders (including OKR tracking, sprint planning, executive documentation, and biweekly updates)
- Collaborate with product leads across Wayfair Ad-Tech, Storefront, Infrastructure, and peer ML teams to ensure were building the right capabilities in the right place
- Communicate and evangelize the value of attribution across marketing use cases
What You'll Need
- An obsession with the customer and ability to empathize; a natural bias towards taking a customer-centric lens in how we frame, approach, and ultimately solve every problem the team works on
- 3+ years of product management or other relevant experience ideally in the adtech/martech, analytics, or data science space(s)
- Exposure to machine-learning model lifecycle; training, evaluation, serving, interpretation
- A technology enthusiast with a curious mind; you value continuous learning and enjoy staying up to date on the latest in the adtech/martech space, key players, new capabilities, etc.
- Sufficient technical literacy to both understand business needs and the underpinnings of our product vision as well as effectively communicate with engineers and data scientists
- Solid SQL/data wrangling skills, and ability to create data stories and reports with visualization tools such as Looker. Experience with Python/R is a nice to have
- Most importantly, a positive can-do attitude and no excuses mentality that pushes through issues with creative solutions and tenacity
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.