Tamr is the enterprise data mastering company trusted by large enterprises like Blackstone, the US Air Force, Toyota, and GSK. The companys patented software platform uses machine learning supplemented with human feedback to master and prepare data across myriad silos to deliver previously unavailable business-changing insights. With a co-founding team led by Andy Palmer (founding CEO of Vertica) and Mike Stonebraker (Turing Award winner) and backed by top-tier investors such as NEA and GV, Tamr is transforming how companies get value from their data.
The product team at Tamr is responsible for setting the long-term product vision as well as the more tactical road map and working with all parts of the company to collect feedback and execute on that plan. As a data company, we believe in making data-driven decisions, but we recognize that sometimes its also important to listen to your instincts.
As a product manager at Tamr, you will work with the rest of the product team on the roadmap, and then you, a designer, and a team of developers will take on a portion of that work. You will be responsible for talking to field engineers and customers to define the features, write user stories so that those features are clear for designers and developers, work with the team to build those features, and then iterate on them collecting feedback from field engineers and customers and ensuring that the approach weve taken solves the problem they were having. You will have a major impact on our product and are expected to be opinionated, decisive, and have good product sense.
Were looking for someone with previous product experience who works well on a team and can communicate well with customers. We want you to be opinionated, decisive, passionate about product and have good product sense. Most importantly we want you to be excited about the value of the data we work with and the insights that we can provide as well as a role where you can be a key contributor to a fast-growing startup. We want someone who is open to on-site collaboration in our Cambridge office 1-3 days week.
Challenges that make the job interesting:
- The problem were addressing is hard and requires a novel approach/product
- Enterprise data is messy, but has huge potential. In very short periods of time weve been able to provide meaningful insight and save our customers hundreds of millions of dollars
- Every customer is different - while there are similar use-cases that we see repeatedly, every account presents new challenges and we need a product that can adapt quickly to each new situation
- Technical background (BS in a technical field, or MS or MBA) or experience as a Product Owner
- Experience working within an agile software development organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills, within the company and with customers
- 2 to 10 years of industry experience. Including experience in a product manager or product owner role; or experience in a sales engineering, solution architecture, or similar customer-facing technical role
- Experience in enterprise software, preferably in data management software
- Open to hybrid, on-site collaboration 1-3 days per week in our Cambridge office