Interested in cutting edge consumer IoT technology and wearables? Love dogs?
At SpotOn we believe dogs should experience life unleashed. We invented the SpotOn GPS fence in 2019 and established a new category. SpotOn is a wireless dog collar that contains your dog inside a custom geo fence you create in minutes, using our app. We continue to innovate and with the launch of our 2nd generation fence, we are experiencing rapid growth.
We are seeking a consumer-focused Product Manager to bring new features and improvements to our SpotOn GPS dog collar. As part of the SpotOn team, you will collaborate with people of different backgrounds who all share a passion to help dogs live their best life.
- Conduct customer, market, pricing, and competitor research to identify opportunities and develop business cases to justify new products or features.
- Act as the product expert, representing the voice of the customer. Gain new insights from customer data and directly from users. Translate insights into new features and improvements. Ensure that improvements meet customer needs.
- Develop / maintain product KPIs.
- Be the Product Owner for a 6-person app and cloud software development team. Own the product software roadmap and backlog, including well defined features and work prioritization.
- Work closely with engineering to prioritize product hardware and embedded software improvements.
- Lead and manage product sustaining meeting. Gather, prioritize, and track issues and opportunities for improvement.
- Perform hands-on product testing. Coordinate / execute product beta tests.
- Owns go to market strategy. Collaborate with marketing, customer service, and development team to plan and align go-to-market activities.
- Work with engineering and supply chain teams to establish COGS goal and track progress to that as well as set product pricing.
- Develop training materials for Customer Care Team to support new features as well as provide troubleshooting
- Three or more years product management experience. Consumer products a plus.
- Hands-on experience personally conducting market research and user tests.
- Naturally curious with empathy for consumers and a desire to build user-friendly experiences.
- Strong collaborator who can leverage user insights, business logic, and data to inspire teams around a vision and drive a product roadmap. Hands-on market or customer research experience required.
- UX design experience a plus
- Proactive and a bias for action; you learn quickly, work independently, and take ownership.
- Solid communication and collaboration skills, with experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent project management skills, good at keeping cross-functional team on task and on time. Notices details and ensure gaps are filled to support product.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or related field. MBA a plus.
This position is a hybrid mix of remote and on-site work at our Manchester, NH facility.
SpotOn is also willing to relocate the right candidate to New Hampshire.
All offers are contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
Compensation & Benefits
SpotOn offers highly competitive, total compensation packages based on an employee's responsibilities and professional experience. SpotOn’s benefits include:
- HSA/FSA/Dependent Care savings plan
- Matching 401K plan
- 15 days paid vacation
- 10 holidays
- 104 hours sick time each year, 100% can be rolled over each year
- Paid Family & Medical Leave
- Tuition Assistance
- Disability Insurance, & Life Insurance
Plus, you can bring your dog to work any day!
Commitment to Diversity
SpotOn Fence is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment. We do not tolerate discrimination in employment, employment-related decisions, or in business dealings on the basis of race, color, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other legally protected status.