Office Tour Photos
About the Company
Salsify is a hyper-growth company in Boston with the mission to empower brand manufacturers (like Coke or LOreal) to deliver great digital product experiences. We power thousands of brands to master the digital shelf with Product Information Management (PIM), Syndication, and Insights. Salsify is one of Bostons fastest-growing companies by revenue and company size, having raised $98.1 million and won numerous workplace awards.
About the Product
Brand Manufacturers invest in content to merchandise their products and influence purchase behavior. Salsifys PXM platform provides a competitive advantage for brands that desire to control and distribute their product story across a growing number of online retailers. A widely used and loved component of the content experience is Salsifys Digital Catalogs.
We are redoubling our efforts to advance the application of Digital Catalogs by investing in Content as a Service (CaaS). CaaS is a specific approach for delivering content for digital experiences. You can think of CaaS as a Content Management System (CMS) that focuses on content delivery over APIs for creating/maintaining digital experiences.
Built on top of Salsifys PXM, CaaS will allow brands like LOreal, Mars, and Tyson to deliver the most up-to-date information for their sales teams, retail partners, and customers through digital catalogs, smartphone app or microsites.
About the Role
We are looking for a scrappy product manager to champion the vision, growth, and strategy for this product. The CaaS/Digital Catalogs role requires a leader that can drive successful outcomes, navigate changing requirements and relaunch a program with a larger Web Content Management (WCM) vision in mind. Solving this problem is challenging, but it starts with developing a deep understanding of the current value that catalogs delivers to our users, becoming a SME on web content management, and heavily investing in customer research.
The ideal candidate will bring a combination of vigorous entrepreneurial drive and an openness to building the strong partnerships required to successfully lead the program. This will involve actively supporting the go-to-market team with product enablement and marketing artifacts.
Successful execution of this role will involve leading a high impact program that can scale to the needs of our largest global brands, and seamlessly integrates a multi-threaded offering into Salsifys PXM portfolio.
- Build deep relationships with key partners at Salsify; this is the foundation of all subsequent responsibilities.
- Be the most knowledgeable person in the company about WCM trends, CaaS requirements and our existing digital catalogs experience.
- Systematically extract insights, opportunities, and trends from customer feedback. Creating evidence-backed support for product vision.
- Partner with engineering to continually align Digital Catalog/CaaS to Salsify growth goals.
- Tight alignment with product adjacencies and the foresight to surface program requirements to other product team roadmaps.
- Identify and address adoption issues in partnership with Customer Success.
- Relentlessly support the go-to-market team by identifying and addressing sales productivity opportunities.
- Communicate through clear, concise written communication that engages stakeholders and partners in key decisions.
No candidate will meet all requirements, but the ideal candidate will meet many of the below and excel in some:
- 3-5 years product management experience, or directly relevant experience.
- Incredible tenacity, passion and an innate sense of curiosity.
- Deep product experience OR deep industry experience.
- Able to build influence within an organization that is brimming with strong opinions and deep expertise.
- Able to work cross-functionally to bring new products and capabilities to market.
- Resilient in the face of conflict, changing business needs and structure, and failure; able to focus on the appropriate time horizon given the situation.
- Highly organized and able to continually boil hundreds of customer/prospect conversations and thousands of internal conversations into clear direction.
- Ability to develop strategy and engage stakeholders to participate in strategic decisions through exceptional oral and written communication.
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills: must be sharp, energetic, assertive and results-oriented; able to prioritize and focus in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Understanding of software development process and architectural tradeoffs.
- Demonstrated ability to get and deeply understand user feedback and then broadcast that learning to the organization.
- Relentless about understanding and responding to the needs of department leaders and setting expectations accurately.
Salsifys employee growth and unique culture earned the company numerous Best Workplace award wins from both local and national outlets including: Fortune Magazine, Boston Business Journal, Top 50 Cloud Computing to Work for by Glassdoor, and Top 10 Medium-Sized Workplaces by Boston Globe.
Were investing in growth to help fuel our rapid expansion and looking for the best talent in the tech space to join our team!
No agency submittals will be considered.
More Jobs From